• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Testing the (not so) Secret XP Deus XY Screen

Looks just like the polar plot on my V3i. It is a useful display. Lets you definitely tell if something is iron or not, if a quarter is really a bottlecap, etc.

Round smooth items like washers and some modern bottle caps can fool the XY screen.

Round smooth items like washers and some modern bottle caps can fool the XY screen.

This is true - provided they do not contain iron. Iron will sent the curve into the upper left quadrant. Not sure how yours graphs, but on mine, when there is a composite material consisting of iron/non-iron, the curve tends to loop instead of plotting a straight line.

This is true - provided they do not contain iron. Iron will sent the curve into the upper left quadrant. Not sure how yours graphs, but on mine, when there is a composite material consisting of iron/non-iron, the curve tends to loop instead of plotting a straight line.

Based on your description, I suspect that they work pretty much the same way.

I have seen that same screen on the AKA Russian detectors(wish I could try one)
Thanks for the write up and pics,very nice explaination!

Great!

Howdy, I know this is about a year old thread, but find it quite interesting.

Hope ya'll don't mind the dumb question, but, on the XY photos (nicely done btw) I see the bottom right quadrant with broken line and the word "Leave".... what does "Leave" mean?

Anyways, nice write up!

Ron

Howdy, I know this is about a year old thread, but find it quite interesting.

Hope ya'll don't mind the dumb question, but, on the XY photos (nicely done btw) I see the bottom right quadrant with broken line and the word "Leave".... what does "Leave" mean?

Anyways, nice write up!

Ron

Hey Ron. I forgot all about this post.

The 'Leave' is to leave the screen to go back to normal program mode. At the time, this screen was used early by the engineers and beta testers. It was hidden but still accessible.

Since the 4.0 software came out, the screen is now part of certain programs. Andnin addition, it's clear that they've made some improvements.

Still loving this machine!

nice write-up Tinfoilhat. this is the 3.2 version of the XY screen. when i found out about this screen last yr i waited to test it. during that mild IA winter we had in feb this year, i was able to start using it and i find it very informative IF i am "CHERRY PICKING" your assesment Tinfoilhat is correct regarding the differnt visiual readings of Good and Trash targets.
now that Version 4 is out the reading is much more scribly and unstable when i apply no discrimination and above 90 sensitivity. in my personal less than a yr of using the XY screen experience, i would rather use the 3.2v instead IF i rely soley on the XY screen because for me they are much stable in identifying potential good target versus Trash most especially the dreadful PULL TABS...but like your assesment said this would also result in MISSING potential Good stuffs maybe bcoz of soil condition and iron surrounding the good targed throwing the readings off resulting in a scribly reading.
so what i do when im hunting is that if im new to the site i would USE the XY screen as a base to feel the area. as i move along changing settings, i tend not to glance my remote and use the sound as my guide...my share experience using the XY screen - I'm Loving it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom