• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Half Dollars Yield 3 Silvers, 3 NIFC's a Proof and a 1987

Beyonder123

I've been heading to wells fargo almost every day recently to pick up 150 dollars worth of halfs. I then head to my local credit union to dump the halfs I didnt want, and then I would repeat. From this I have received the following.

- 1965 Half Dollar
- 1967 Half Dollar
- 1967 Half Dollar
- 1977 (No FG?)
- 1987 D Half Dollar (NIFC)
- 1989 S Half Dollar Proof
- 2003 D Half Dollar (NIFC)
- 2011 P Half Dollar (NIFC)

Sorry for the cruddy photo

picture.php

That is a good system! Keeping your cash moving and getting goodies while at it! Royal Congrats!

Now a small note of correction: It is a common misconception that 87 Halves are NIFCs, but by definition, NIFC stands for Not Intended For Circulation...the 87 mint year, all were put into circulation but the mintage was only 20% of previous (and later) years. So it is truly a low mintage for the Kennedy halves, but not an NIFC. It is GOOD to find one or more! Other than the silver ones, if in nice condition they should be worth something in years to come. Most of them that KT recovers are mint fresh, probably sold to roll collectors the year they came out and just now starting to hit their stride in circulation due to kinfolk dumping of deceased collecting relatives! Got to love ignorant relatives!

That is a good system! Keeping your cash moving and getting goodies while at it! Royal Congrats!

Now a small note of correction: It is a common misconception that 87 Halves are NIFCs, but by definition, NIFC stands for Not Intended For Circulation...the 87 mint year, all were put into circulation but the mintage was only 20% of previous (and later) years. So it is truly a low mintage for the Kennedy halves, but not an NIFC. It is GOOD to find one or more! Other than the silver ones, if in nice condition they should be worth something in years to come. Most of them that KT recovers are mint fresh, probably sold to roll collectors the year they came out and just now starting to hit their stride in circulation due to kinfolk dumping of deceased collecting relatives! Got to love ignorant relatives!

Good to know. Thanks!

Congrats on the score.. I have some boxes to search. I've been out of town and we search them this weekend

Back
Top Bottom