• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Treasure Logger app

marzaise

Hi all!
We are a group of mobile developers and detectorists and we want to communicate that we have presented to the market an app to manage the sessions carried out: you can mark the hunts (with description and images) and the trajectory that is followed so as not to repeat the same area in the future. Apart from this functionality, you have the possibility of marking a find as public so that other users can see them and thus be able to see other public treasures uploaded by third parties. By default they will always be private. We leave you a presentation video:

The functionalities of this app are limited but we want to launch a promotion for the members of this forum to have unlimited access to all of them:

• Record infinite finds
  • Track infinite routes
  • Have no radius limit to see public treasures

If some of you are interested in, let us know it on a PM :aok:

We leave you with some screenshots of the app so you can see how it looks:

bFnNufsZ0pWGrPWukzBkKbmFXLmLvwBGvljY2xgx35TteSbRI7NjDPDwYYH4mYp0pec=w240-h969-rw

Jw3dpVo9WUJtf34uni8P02tYuWxTLWSB3MNT2BQ2-N6AkmIQzOlMt3XHzuiuA5BUhw=w240-h969-rw

HXbCrWet5SnYtUlj04qt7gfnwAj3xvF01E8vYeOiTafahz4MOeSJX0lGpcDMt9oCOA=w240-h969-rw

nAdgM8wtcJxTTyCu1AGpbBjm0piYFiz2Z0rMrqCanVbXLPlGjvpRQgXM6I16quks7_nS=w240-h969-rw

Finally this is the link of the app (only for Android): Treasure Logger App
And don't forget to follow us on instagram: treasure.logger

Thanks and happy hunting! :digginahole:

Last edited:
My luck the Government would monitor the App and put a value on everything I found whether I sold it or not and charge me tax on it. 10 years ago I would have said that was crazy but have you seen the world we live in now?
No offense but no thanks

@Coin-Saver There's no government behind this app and there won't be unless we decide, but we've already told you that we won't allow this to happen. All routes and treasures registered are saved in a encrypted folder of your phone. On the other hand, all registered treasures are always private and only you can see them from your device. It is true that these can be made public and allow others to see them, but this is not the default case!

Why would ANYBODY want to use a phone app to show all the world what you found, and exactly where you found it?
-- Before you know it your favorite hunting ground will be crawling with hundreds of detectorists digging up what would have been yours if you didn't put it on the phone app!
-- All of your "Permissions" won't be yours to detect any more!

Most Detectorists use an old fashioned notebook and pencil to record all of their hunts and finds ---> Keeping it to Themselves <---
They may go on to a forum like this one and post pictures of their finds, but they NEVER disclose the Exact GPS location where they found it. They would say "Look at these silver coins I found in an old farm field somewhere in Southern New Hampshire" - You Never give the Exact Location!

I Never have, and Never will use an app like this - my finds are mine, and their location is my secret!

Digger Boy, we repeat... By default all hunts logged are privated, it means that they dont go away from your phone and then nobody will see them. Also some years ago we comunicated with postal cards and we are now comunicating in a forum. Technology helps people to do things faster and easier!

Best regards

. . . By default all hunts logged are privated . . .

In this day and age THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS PRIVATE!

Anything that is transmitted digitally Can Be Seen By The Government!
Can Also Be Seen By The App Developer(s)!
AND Any App Can Be Hacked!

EVERYTHING I Write with Pencil in My Logbook is 100% PRIVATE!

Comprende Kemosabe?:good:
(that means: "Do You Understand Big Cheif"?)

Yes, We understand it, "papasito", but we as a main developers from this app we cannot access to the main database from ours user's phone :shrug:
Regarding the issue of government, as a engineers we understand how the phone s.o works and they would take years to decryt these data (supossing that they don't have nothing better to do). Anyway, good look trying to figure out what did you found in some specific place after 5 years, for us it would be an unthinkable way to do it :shock:

You're Just SPAMMERS
Digger-Boy please inform yourself before speaking and trying to conspire about a job that has taken more than a thousand hours of work. Yes, we have been detecting for years.

Send maxkat a pm he relies on this stuff.
Okay, we will!

yes, we have been detecting for years.

Really??? Detecting for Years???

Then How would that explain You just joined September 10th. 2021 - only 5 Months Ago?:spaman:

And How would that explain the ONLY Post you ever made is This One - A Post trying to get people to download your app?:spam:

If some of you are interested in, let us know it on a PM :aok:

And Why do you insist that people contact you Privately?:foottap:
images

I'm not the administrator of this forum, but I believe that you have violated Rules number 4 & 5

4. No Advertising Allowed
- Do not advertise in your posts, Visitor Messages, or Private Messages.
- Links to your business/website found in posts, will be removed.
- No URL's are allowed in the Signature without permission. No advertising in your signature. (We prefer you use your sig for finds count, your detectors, or a friendly quote)
- Abuse of the Private Messaging System will cause your removal from the forum.
- No donation or solicitation threads unless they are sponsored by the forum.

5. Promoting a Metal Detecting Website/Blog/Product
- FMDF is not a "free for all" to help businesses and individuals promote a website, or to make money.
- If you have a hobby related website/blog or product, you are allowed to create one thread in the Member Links Forum.
- If you have a metal detecting business, consider becoming a forum sponsor. Send "Vlad" a PM if interested.
- Sponsors are responsible for their sales and customer service.

Yes, we are detecting for years but we weren't on this forum until 5 months ago, what's wrong with it?
Okay sorry we didn't read all rules of this forum, but there are also more posts about other apps. Our mission is just to help people organizing them hunts and making them sessions more efficient and we saw other tools that are too basic. Nothing else.

Yes, we are detecting for years but we weren't on this forum until 5 months ago, what's wrong with it?
Okay sorry we didn't read all rules of this forum, but there are also more posts about other apps. Our mission is just to help people organizing them hunts and making them sessions more efficient and we saw other tools that are too basic. Nothing else.

If I'm not mistaken and I'm sure I'm NOT. English isn't your first language is it?
On the outside chance you ARE on the up and up ......and I do mean WAY OUTSIDE..... You approached it all wrong. So if you want to start again I'm all ears.:impatient:

If I'm not mistaken and I'm sure I'm NOT. English isn't your first language is it?
Nope, we are from the west of Europe.

So if you want to start again I'm all ears.
We started using metal detectors in 2019 (due of covid) and we missed some way to record everything we found in the forest, since they formed patterns that could resolve old ways that have disappeared today. Realizing the usefulness it offered us, we decided to launch it on the market, thus Treasure Logger was born.

This simple tool allows you to trace the route you follow with the metal detector and record the hunts you find, in this way you can perform an analysis on the map of which are the most historic areas and improve on your next outing with the detector.

On the other hand, this tool is not free: it has limited track logs and finds, but we do not expect to get rich, but to keep all the costs that it takes to maintain this system.
Although we already have almost 50,000 downloads, we are still in the growth phase, so we are offering to disable the limits of discoveries and routes in exchange for helping us to make the app known (some friend, followers, etc).

Hope this new explanation will help to understand it! ;)

. . . And I Still Won't Record any of my Finds or Locations on my Cel Phone!
OK! We understand that there are detectorists who will love this app and others who will be against it, it is totally respectable in both cases. But I want to emphasize that everything you have said (spying, government, etc) is not true :)

Back
Top Bottom