Equinox accessories....

John Madill

Elite Member
Biggest knock, for me, on my Nox, is its compactness, or lack of it.

I have seen online a device that puts a hinge along the shaft that lets you fold it in half.

And a 2nd device that lets you fold the control box down to the shaft.

Anyone here tried them out? Happy with them?

Thanks!

Biggest knock, for me, on my Nox, is its compactness, or lack of it.

I have seen online a device that puts a hinge along the shaft that lets you fold it in half.

And a 2nd device that lets you fold the control box down to the shaft.

Anyone here tried them out? Happy with them?

Thanks!

I bought the Tele-Knox carbon shaft which reduced length significantly. I also purchased the "2nd device" you mentioned which seems to work pretty good when folded. I also like how the control box is sort of protected by the arm cuff when folded. I'm down to about 24 1/2" inches if the coil is sitting flat on the ground and 28 1/2" when the coil is folded in line with the shaft. I am now searching for the right backpack to fit it in. Possibly the XP.

I have to agree with this!

I started with a Vanquish 540 and it's simple and easy to collapse the shaft. Not so with the Equinox. I just leave the shaft at full length 99% of the time.

If you end up with a carbon fiber shaft they compact a ton better. Stock not so much.

If you end up with a carbon fiber shaft they compact a ton better. Stock not so much.

I have the Detect-Ed Upper on my 600 and Steve's Detect Rods on my 800. The former gains several inches, the latter a couple.

I was hoping this would allow me to use some 46 to 48" double rifle bag style cases out there, but the height of the control pod along with the dimensions of the 11" coil when flat turned out to be a bigger issue. They simply won't fit unless broken down.

I'm looking into quick releases for the control pod as a solution now.

I've brought my Equinox along on a few family vacations even though the vehicle seemingly couldn't hold anything else. I disassemble it, including taking the control box off the shaft, and stick the pieces in various little spaces throughout the car. It only takes a couple of minutes to disassemble or reassemble.

taking Toysoldier's advice....

Decided to just break down the Equinox 600 for travel to Florida. If anyone wants to remove the control box from the shaft here is the tool you need.

Just a 3mm hex wrench.

Attachments

• EQUINOX.3MM.WRENCH.jpg
    EQUINOX.3MM.WRENCH.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 220
Back
Top Bottom