Newbee question

lensmanicu

Being new to the sport and since i’m getting familiar with my machine and can now differentiate the tones would it be better to search in the all metal mode or continue using tone and eliminating iron Using the Bounty Hunter Mk 4

I use discrimination mode and eliminate iron [emoji2371]. Even if you are relic hunting, old “iron” reads like silver and you’ll find it. Notching out iron saves me from digging old nuts, bolts, and chunks of fairly modern rusty junk. I’m a newbie and don’t know much either, so take that advice for what it’s worth lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a bounty hunter elite 2200. I’m still trying to figure out the difference between notch, discriminate, and zap. Seems like they all do the same thing. All that said, I almost always discriminate out iron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on what and where you're hunting, relic hunting all metal is the way to go, if you are shootin clad in the park disc everything but coins out.

Depends on the kind of "listener" you are. I use excals on a beach and hunt in pin point mode (all metal) and switch to discriminate when I get a target. This avoids the sing songy tones in my ear constantly. This works when targets are not overlapped best.

When there are many overlapping targets you go slow with a small coil and hunt in discrimination and listen carefully for specific tones. You have to go slow because the nulling of iron slows down your detector's response. Learn your detector!

Back
Top Bottom