Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Kellyco Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > General Hobby Discussion

Old 05-17-2018, 10:23 PM
Elite Member

Default UPDATE to the broken coil plastic bolt...

Decided to call Garrett this afternoon about the broken bolt for my coil today to see what they had to say...I wasn't disappointed. The lady I spoke with was extremely nice and courteous. She was extremely helpful. Within 5 minutes she had my name and address and said she would have a couple of replacements sent to me within 3 business days....Can't beat Garrett customer service!!!! This is the second time I've contacted them, first time was user error...LOL, and they have went above and beyond both times...

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-17-2018, 10:46 PM
Supporter

Thatís just plain awesome!

2 Compadres : 2018 (Total (4/4/13 to date)) - Clad: $138.36 ($779.86), Silver coins: 1 (6), Wheats: 15 (44), Gold: 5 (23), .925 5 (54), Rings: 30 (170), Oldest Coins: 1921 Ten Centavos Filipinas; Chinese cash coin

Old 05-17-2018, 11:20 PM

I too had to deal with them twice now, and each and every time.. super impressed.. This is what helps build customer loyalty to a brand..

Cheers

Old 05-18-2018, 12:16 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by wvdave107 View post
Decided to call Garrett this afternoon about the broken bolt for my coil today to see what they had to say...I wasn't disappointed. The lady I spoke with was extremely nice and courteous. She was extremely helpful. Within 5 minutes she had my name and address and said she would have a couple of replacements sent to me within 3 business days....Can't beat Garrett customer service!!!! This is the second time I've contacted them, first time was user error...LOL, and they have went above and beyond both times...
Wow, I never thought to take that issue to a detector manufacturer. I've have the plastic nylon nuts/bolts strip out before. And simply went to the hardware store to get them. .30c or so ??

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-18-2018, 12:40 AM
Elite Member

When I change the toilet seats at our house, I save the old plastic bolts just in case

Old 05-18-2018, 06:11 AM
Elite Member

I did find that those plastic bolts were in stock at Home Depot. very cheap

Old 05-18-2018, 07:57 AM

Last year, had a bad connection to my coil on my new ( but recently sold) AT MAX. I also spoke to a very nice lady who just needed a couple of serial numbers, my name and address, and had a new coil on the way to me. It couldn't have taken more than 10 minutes and was a very pleasant experience.

In fact I would absolutely rate it 10/10 and meant to call back and tell them that, but it was around the holidays and I got side tracked.

-Digg

Old 05-18-2018, 12:08 PM

That is what all companies should be doing. Take care of the customer and you have a better chance of having return business when they decide to purchase something new.

Ray

Old 05-18-2018, 12:57 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by wvdave107 View post
I contacted Garrett because the original battery pack had a broken contact, and they responded by sending me two new ones free of charge. Their service was very good.

Old 05-18-2018, 02:17 PM
Supporter

Editing to add what I'm laughing about......

Wait until you have to pay shipping on a warranty repair, then have it returned with the same problem you sent it in to have fixed.

Yeah, they're awesome

Squad Leader: Team Cupcake

Old 05-18-2018, 03:58 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View post
Wow, I never thought to take that issue to a detector manufacturer. I've have the plastic nylon nuts/bolts strip out before. And simply went to the hardware store to get them. .30c or so ??
Tom. I in fact did just that. Picked up a couple of nylon bolts and a couple of washers to match. Cost a couple of bucks. Just thought I'd give Garrett a call and see what they would have to say. Honestly, I didn't expect them to send me new ones since there are several options for a quick fix. At least now I'll have a few spares, just in case.

Old 05-18-2018, 06:14 PM

Default Good machines

I like the build quality of the 2 machines I own from Garrett. (AT Max and Ace 350)
They seem like the kind of detectors that you can store away for 20 years, put batteries in them, and fire 'em right up.

Old 05-18-2018, 06:19 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by rustyk1 View post
I contacted Garrett because the original battery pack had a broken contact, and they responded by sending me two new ones free of charge. Their service was very good.
My story is identical with the broken contact and replacement battery holders. then I did a little research and found that many others have also had that issue and that is why Garrett is so on top of it.