You ever just have one of those days?

Treasurebone

Forum Supporter
Went out the other day for 3 hours and did a lot of digging, when it was all said and done I ended up with 2 clad pennies, a golf ball and about a gazillion pop-tops.

I dug EVERYTHING as It was a place I was planning on checking later and wanted to clear the area, as well as the possibility of one of those pop tops being a gold ring. This is a park that has had ALOT of use since the 1920's. I know it has potential, just not the area I was in.

RW - Everyone has those days once in a while. One time I dug only 2 targets in the whole place. But, one was a recent penny and the other was an old token from territorial days. Sold it for 600 bux. And both the token and penny sounded the same and were only about 2 inches deep, about 15 inches apart.
Dig em all, steve in so az

Oh ya ive had those days too. You just have to look at in places like that as: clearing all those pull tabs now just makes a ring easier to find later. If you need a break from all the trash hit a tot lot easier digging and usually clad.

Went out the other day for 3 hours and did a lot of digging, when it was all said and done I ended up with 2 clad pennies, a golf ball and about a gazillion pop-tops.

I dug EVERYTHING as It was a place I was planning on checking later and wanted to clear the area, as well as the possibility of one of those pop tops being a gold ring. This is a park that has had ALOT of use since the 1920's. I know it has potential, just not the area I was in.

here is my version of that rotten day! During the winter I got my new small coil. I was so excited I had to go out! i was going to the mother in laws house so I hit a park that i know is loaded with clad. :).... But the ground was covered with 3-4 inches of frozen ice/snow. Well I am like a persistant bug!!! i stayed out 2 hours, had two small kids (10 years old) follow me around most of the time I was there....I found 1 surface quarter, dug 1 penny out of the ice at bottom of slide and recovered one other coin...another penny! So I found 3 coins,,,,,,,,the frustrating part???? I must of had 40 good signals....just could not get to them! Believe me it happens to everyone...except those guys that find silver coins every single day !!!!! :) :)

Im glad, well maybe not glad but it's less fustrating to hear that we all have those days. It's amazing some of the finds I see on here. I keep thinking "One day, it'll be me posting that AWESOME find:D Take care ad good luck everyone!

Im glad, well maybe not glad but it's less fustrating to hear that we all have those days. It's amazing some of the finds I see on here. I keep thinking "One day, it'll be me posting that AWESOME find:D Take care ad good luck everyone!

Hopefully it will be you one day! :)

Sounds like everytime I hunt! My last two mini-hunts (less than an hour) have yielded 2 cents, and a dime on the one hunt. Last night I had just a few minutes at my house, dug a ton of canshread, and feeling a little low on the way to the house I hit a clad quarter a few steps before I was going to shut down the machine and go inside. That one coin got my spirits up again, in spite of it being in packed rock 2" down in my driveway.

Geodawn why do you ask? I am looking for coins and hope to find rings to, is there a differace in how I should hunt?

Back
Top Bottom