Old dog needs some modern advice!

MrDirtyHands

Hi guys, MrDirtyHands here (Dan) I've been swinging Whites off and on for 40 years now. My fav machine was the 6000 Di pro that I stupidly traded in on a Rainbow Spectrum that I never mastered. I hunt Ga. red clay. (Tough dirt!) I currently have a MXT Pro that's about 7 yrs old. Time to upgrade but TO WHAT??

Deus? Nox800? No! Simply too complicated for the time I have to swing. I've been comparing the Notka Impact, Fisher F75Ltd and the Technetics T2Ltd. I believe ONE of these will be my next machine.

I mainly coinshoot in TRASHY old house sites, schools & parks & want to increase my jewelry finds too. I occasionally get to do a little CW relic hunting.

So... Sorry for the long post but what do you guys think about the above machines for my applications in highly mineralized ground? And, would any of these machines actually give me anything my current (but ageing) MXT Pro doesn't? Any & all help and advice would be greatly appreciated. :?:

Deus? Nox800? No! Simply too complicated for the time I have to swing. I've been comparing the Notka Impact, Fisher F75Ltd and the Technetics T2Ltd. I believe ONE of these will be my next machine.

I mainly coinshoot in TRASHY old house sites, schools & parks & want to increase my jewelry finds too.
Any & all help and advice would be greatly appreciated. :?:

Take with a grain of salt as the only machine I have lots of hours on is the Deus...

My digging partner has been a DFX user for over a decade and wants to upgrade. He also does not want a complicated to operate machine. I did tons and tons of research and I chose the Impact as the best/easiest to use for him. That was before the nox came out and he likes the sound of the nox now, but I still think he would have been happy with the Impact.

But like I said, I haven't actually used one. Just some input since I did lots of research and you are also coming from white and expressing the same desires he did.

All the best in your research. It's tough with so many good options out there!

It IS tough! Every machine is "the best" "the deepest" etc... I think I've seen EVERY vid on every detector I'm even remotely interested in on Youtube. I think any of the 3 machines I've narrowed my search down to would serve me well but of course, I want the "best" of those three! That Impact sure is impressive! But so is that T2 & F75!! (Coming from Whites, I GOTTA have my trigger pinpoint!) Thanks for your imput!

Buy a CTX and never look back. It has a VERY nice trigger pinpoint AND a clock!
The most prolific silver hunter in Wisconsin on this forum uses a CTX and NEVER alters the setup. EVER.
IF you can live with push button pinpoint, the 800 is an incredibly solid performer also. Both of these machines are also fully waterproof to 10’...just in case you want to take them in the bath with you because you love them so much. Neither one is difficult to set up if you have a brain, which I’m sure you do because you’ve been using the MXT, another EXTREMELY good performer. These current machines simply have better processing and ID capabilities because they are running multi frequencies at once. It makes a difference. A HUGE difference.
Good luck in your quest...

I'd love to get a 3030 as IDXmonster has pointed out, probably the best coin machine available..maybe next year.
But out of the f75,t2se and impact ,,having owned all 3 my vote would be impact..Im a big fan of the f75 tho, just a great machine and I've found alot of silver and old coins with the f75.
But the impact imo is just a harder hitter and cleaner on deep coins...im not a tweaker either, I just wanna turn on and hunt....Although the impact has many modes I always chose di3 or di4,, basically 3 tones or 4 tones modes....i never messed with it passed those modes and found some deep old coppers and silvers easily, great audio and pretty solid visual ID..I think the impact is a very forgotten machine and the new prices are just unbelievably low.

...AND a clock!
[emoji38]
Who wouldn't love a CTX? It's got a clock after all! Yes please! (I would love to have one, truly)

(Coming from Whites, I GOTTA have my trigger pinpoint!)

My buddy feels the same of his trigger pinpoint. His Whites machine is a concentric coil, which forces you to need pinpoint. I assume the MXT is concentric as well. A double d (DD) coil is easy to locate targets without the traditional pinpoint function.

I don't use the pinpoint function on my machine at all (it isn't very good on my machine). I do the wiggle back method (DD coil). Just as fast, easy and effective I'd say. I think the pinpoint function is much more necessary with the concentric coils than the DD coils. I'm sure some will disagree, but that goes for anything.

If you want trigger, you want it, and I don't want anyone to not get what they want, just another perspective. Hope it helps.

I know how tough this choice is (I've been debating different water machines for over a year!), so all the best in your quest!

Great advice guys but that CTX is one EXPENSIVE machine! 1 CTX = 10 Simplexs!! I'm in that 5, 6, 7 hundred bux range. I think the Impact, from all I've seen, is an under priced machine like the Simplex. (Although another way to look at it is many other machines are OVER priced!)

for my two cents, no F75 owner i've heard from, *ever,* has complained about their machine. i do have a little fisher bias, sure, but that would be my choice and i wouldn't even have to think.

A great detector that is simple to operate, setup and use is the XP ORX. Super lightweight, four programs and works great in highly mineralized soil. 599 with the X35 9” coil and add $99.
for the wireless headphones.

Last edited:
Go west 150 miles and you will be able to hunt where I hunt....in and around Birmingham Al.
We have pretty much the same weather, similar soil because I have that red clay also, I have extra mineralization and hunt in sites with more trash and so much extra iron that you might not believe it.
I also hunt parks, schools, old home sites, and knock on on a few doors looking for everything but I am a jewelry hunter at my core.
Get the F75, the expanded range above iron has been more helpful to me in finding jewelry, coins and everything else compared to the compressed T2 range.
Expanded iron range is great if you hunt relics but I don't.
We have very strange dirt, devil dirt I call it, and not much is totally stable with easy to read signals especially 85% of my targets that seem to masked from just a little to major masking.
I use the tones AND the behavior I see on the screen to make digging decisions and I need that larger range for the most information possible.
It works well for me and it works well in my dirt.

A hunt with an E Trac, an XLT and me with my F70 and sniper coil....

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=222004&highlight=F70,+sniper,+nickel

Honestly, I don't use the F75, I prefer my F70 because I have more control over a few settings that are important to me in getting deep as possible here, like the thresh, and it,nor its newest clone the Patriot, have that trigger that you seem to love.

I am pretty much you just 150 miles to the left.
The Fisher line has always worked more than well for me here.

A great detector that is simple to operate, setup and use is the XP ORX. Super lightweight, four programs and works great in highly mineralized soil. 599. With the X35 9” coil add $99.
for the wireless headphones.

Great suggestion!!! Ive never run one, but it fits what the OP is looking for to a T IMO.

I do like the F75 but have been a bit disappointed with the depth tests I've seen and there sure are some serious Fisher bashers here on the forum. Seems they complain a LOT about build quality and the "chattyness" of the machine. Back in the day (70's) It was Whites, Fisher, Garret & Compass for the most part. Now there's a whole new lot to choose from!

Buy a CTX and never look back. It has a VERY nice trigger pinpoint AND a clock!
The most prolific silver hunter in Wisconsin on this forum uses a CTX and NEVER alters the setup. EVER.
IF you can live with push button pinpoint, the 800 is an incredibly solid performer also. Both of these machines are also fully waterproof to 10’...just in case you want to take them in the bath with you because you love them so much. Neither one is difficult to set up if you have a brain, which I’m sure you do because you’ve been using the MXT, another EXTREMELY good performer. These current machines simply have better processing and ID capabilities because they are running multi frequencies at once. It makes a difference. A HUGE difference.
Good luck in your quest...

How hard is it to add a clock to the Equinox, simplex? just a software update. Beats taking off your glove and fishing in your pocket for your cell phone.

Right. I can't believe nobody just wears a watch anymore. What's next? Folks want the detector to make them sandwiches?

I have two that I love White's IDX Pro old but still works for me and White's Matrix M6 .

Watch?? I bought one. While waiting for it to arrive I Found a Hugo Boss Chronograph almost a foot down in the wet sand at the beach. Been wearing it for over four years. Just change the battery once in a while and it keeps on ticking. Also found a Timex that when I showed it to my wife she said "Thanks" and I only see it when she is wearing it I must not need a CTX since I already have a watch.

Back
Top Bottom