Pillaged Some Pre Statehood Silver And Cool Relics From Phoenix

Jamflicker

Elite Member
Hey everyone,
I was just in Phoenix for a few days combining a couple passions of mine, Spring training Dodgers baseball, collecting autographs and metal detecting. I pretty much went to spring training in the mornings, then grabbed lunch and spent the afternoons metal detecting for a few hours.

My finds included 6 silver coins including a pair of 1911 Barber dimes, a piece of sterling silver spoon, 10 wheats, a Western Travelers Accident Association watch fob, and my favorite item a badge from 1911 commemorating the completion of the Roosevelt Dam. The badge was put out by Bear Drugs in Phoenix. At the time the dam was the largest masonry dam in the world and it created the largest manmade lake in the world. It was fun finding a pair of Barber dimes and the badge that all pre date Arizona's statehood in 1912. The desert sure is rough on finds but they cleaned up pretty good.

Hope you're all having a good week.
Jason

Attachments

• 1517BBB2-2F45-4C12-971A-7E8C27DC934C.jpg
    1517BBB2-2F45-4C12-971A-7E8C27DC934C.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 601
  • B3263628-5925-4618-953E-DA3D0520E141.jpg
    B3263628-5925-4618-953E-DA3D0520E141.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 613
  • 6E072F92-CE3C-4623-B3A5-627AD6C8BC1C.jpg
    6E072F92-CE3C-4623-B3A5-627AD6C8BC1C.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 596
  • IMG_3364.jpg
    IMG_3364.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 587
  • IMG_3361.JPG
    IMG_3361.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 576
  • 60358658916__3509DD1C-A578-4514-B6B1-E8A7C7681283.JPG
    60358658916__3509DD1C-A578-4514-B6B1-E8A7C7681283.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 557
  • 60358638452__ED3F0E6B-0904-4BB2-A225-1AF9B0DA12DF.JPG
    60358638452__ED3F0E6B-0904-4BB2-A225-1AF9B0DA12DF.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 556
  • IMG_3362.JPG
    IMG_3362.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 532
  • IMG_3350.JPG
    IMG_3350.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 539
Fantastic outing there Jam! Dang that commemorative dam fob?/badge is sweet! Of course the barbers and spoon, marble and the tax token too! Killer hunt! Empty old lot?

I drove by Roosevelt damn a few years ago on my way to Globe. Man I love the Arizona desert.

Fantastic outing there Jam! Dang that commemorative dam fob?/badge is sweet! Of course the barbers and spoon, marble and the tax token too! Killer hunt! Empty old lot?

I drove by Roosevelt damn a few years ago on my way to Globe. Man I love the Arizona desert.
Thanks! I actually found stuff in lots, curb strips, and parks. I bet that dam was neat to see.
Great finds.
The one Barber looks quite good condition after cleaning. It nice and shiny.
Thanks. Yes, the barber has a full liberty on it.
Awesome. Luv it ! Especially that 1911 watch fob thing.
Thanks Tom!
Excellent work!
Thanks

Hey everyone,
I was just in Phoenix for a few days combining a couple passions of mine, Spring training Dodgers baseball, collecting autographs and metal detecting. I pretty much went to spring training in the mornings, then grabbed lunch and spent the afternoons metal detecting for a few hours....

"Hey, JamFlicker was back in Phoenix...."

"Oh, no! Is it Dodger spring training again?"

"Yeah. I swear, I thought we were prepared. We had our club members from law enforcement covering the main roads into town ready to tail and boot him anywhere he went."

"WELL THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN, DID IT?!"

"He got in somehow....I don't know...parachute, SCUBA...I don't know!!"

"OK, settle down. It can't be that bad. We've pounded every place here! How long did he hunt?"

"A few hours, apparently."

"Not good. What's the damage?"

"Silver relics..."

"..oh, no...."

"Silver coins...including a couple Barbers..."

"..oh, I'm feeling faint..."

"I don't know how to break it to you....

"Give it to me straight, man!"

"Our local historical relics. HE'S TAKING A ROOSEVELT DAM RELIC BACK TO CALIFORNIA!!!"

"...I'm going to be sick...."

"I know! What are we going to do!?"

"Just calm down. We need to prepare for next year. Did we get his description this time?"

"The west side crew says they spotted him, but he flashed his silver and blinded them. Then, they tried to give chase, but he threw marbles on the ground and they fell. Then, poof, he's gone. Now they say it might have been a mirage. They're pretty shook up and don't want to talk about it."

"Where was he?"

"A curbstrip and park over by the old school."

"Impossible! Those spots are all hunted out! POUNDED!"

"That's what we ALL thought. We have some guys over there now checking it out. So far they've only found pull tabs, and a 1965 quarter."

"He's messing with us!"

"Tell the guys to cash in their clad."

"What for?"

"Drones. We'll be ready next year."

That does it, next time I go to Calif. I'm digging up ALL their GOLD & taking it back home to Arizona. Congrats for all the great finds. :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Wow what a road trip Jason. Nice haul on the silver. You looted the place quite well. Love the badge and token. You must have marble setting on your Etrac. lol. HH Mark

A Silver dime Trifecta trip, some Sterling along with some fantastic history plus a few hikes to the ballfield to shake hands with some great players. Life just doesn't get any better than that. Congrats! Trapper

Makes me miss Phoenix. Born and Raised

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Hey, JamFlicker was back in Phoenix...."

"Oh, no! Is it Dodger spring training again?"

"Yeah. I swear, I thought we were prepared. We had our club members from law enforcement covering the main roads into town ready to tail and boot him anywhere he went."

"WELL THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN, DID IT?!"

"He got in somehow....I don't know...parachute, SCUBA...I don't know!!"

"OK, settle down. It can't be that bad. We've pounded every place here! How long did he hunt?"

"A few hours, apparently."

"Not good. What's the damage?"

"Silver relics..."

"..oh, no...."

"Silver coins...including a couple Barbers..."

"..oh, I'm feeling faint..."

"I don't know how to break it to you....

"Give it to me straight, man!"

"Our local historical relics. HE'S TAKING A ROOSEVELT DAM RELIC BACK TO CALIFORNIA!!!"

"...I'm going to be sick...."

"I know! What are we going to do!?"

"Just calm down. We need to prepare for next year. Did we get his description this time?"

"The west side crew says they spotted him, but he flashed his silver and blinded them. Then, they tried to give chase, but he threw marbles on the ground and they fell. Then, poof, he's gone. Now they say it might have been a mirage. They're pretty shook up and don't want to talk about it."

"Where was he?"

"A curbstrip and park over by the old school."

"Impossible! Those spots are all hunted out! POUNDED!"

"That's what we ALL thought. We have some guys over there now checking it out. So far they've only found pull tabs, and a 1965 quarter."

"He's messing with us!"

"Tell the guys to cash in their clad."

"What for?"

"Drones. We'll be ready next year."
This made me crack up:laughing:
That does it, next time I go to Calif. I'm digging up ALL their GOLD & taking it back home to Arizona. Congrats for all the great finds. :)
Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Thank you! Of course you can come take some of our silver and gold.

Very nice hunt and great finds Jam! Those Barbers do look good, and what a cool medallion!
Thanks buddy!
Wow Jam you found more than native Arizonians do!:shock:
Thanks. Yes, from what I hear, locals think these places are hunted out.
Wow what a road trip Jason. Nice haul on the silver. You looted the place quite well. Love the badge and token. You must have marble setting on your Etrac. lol. HH Mark
Thanks Mark! Normally I find a lot of marbles on my trips to AZ but only one this time.
The watch fob is really a cool find. Always impressed by your spring training hunts.
Thank you, I enjoy detecting on these trips.
A Silver dime Trifecta trip, some Sterling along with some fantastic history plus a few hikes to the ballfield to shake hands with some great players. Life just doesn't get any better than that. Congrats! Trapper
Thanks Trapper. Yes, doesn't get much better.

That sounds like a great trip, especially with all those sweet finds, Big Congrats!
Did you get Mookie's autograph? The Red Sox make the most foolish trades in all of baseball.

Wow talk about a nice vacation! Great job. I agree with Toysoldiers assessment (great dialogue btw:) you went in there and cleaned up and made all the locals angry! No wonder other states are upset with Californians, we storm in and steal the goods!!

And congrats!!

Back
Top Bottom