Cheapest Homemade Digging Tool

Buried

Elite Member
So I came up with this state of the art custom digger that anyone can make with a couple of easy steps.

1st go to wally world and buy this junk for 5.00
2nd when you get home, grab a hammer and smash the crud out of this because its junk and it doesn't work very well.
3rd DIG

The most comical part is, it actually works BETTER at cutting plugs than what it did before I smashed it with a hammer.

Attachments

• Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 4,586
Geezz...

You must have cabin fever bad :lol: . Maybe you should try sharping it with a file or grinder and then see if it can dig a hole :?: ... sledge hammer's were never met to make a edge ! Have fun with your awesome new digger :laughing: !
HH , Woodstock

Should of Paid the extra 4.00 and got the Faskers! Happy Hunting, OH!!! Don't forget the FIRST AID kit!:(

You must have cabin fever bad :lol: . Maybe you should try sharping it with a file or grinder and then see if it can dig a hole :?: ... sledge hammer's were never met to make a edge ! Have fun with your awesome new digger :laughing: !
HH , Woodstock

I get to go out, I have a 20" shovel that I take to the beach with me, but nothing that would work well on lawns. This little shovel was horrible at digging a plug, but surprisingly enough, it works great now at digging a 6" deep plug in the grass. I do plan on taking it to a bench grinder and making it look safer

So I came up with this state of the art custom digger that anyone can make with a couple of easy steps.

2nd when you get home, grab a hammer and smash the crud out of this because its junk and it doesn't work very well.
3rd DIG

The most comical part is, it actually works BETTER at cutting plugs than what it did before I smashed it with a hammer.

Would make a great toothpick for my wife:laughing:

Dave

Try it one more time ...

But this time you'll have to spend another 5 bucks and get something with a complete body and start over correctly . Remember a file or hand grinder sharpen and don't forget to remove the bur that's left over . You can use the sledge hammer for removing the dents in your butt when you come home to late from detecting .... Happy Trails , Woodstock

That's because ..

It's obviously made from cheap pot metal that was casted and not forged and will break instead of bend and can't really be sharpened . You know you can find a a cheap more durable replacement . I know your just having fun and suffering cabin or some sort of fever due to inactivity OR your next move will be obviously in the direction a fifty buck high tech hole digger .... over rated and over priced.
So what is the verdict ? Buy a less expensive forged trowel and sharpen it or go to the over priced over rated high tech blade/saw/trowel combination and join the "Bling" crowd ? Happy Trails ! Woodstock

I may either get a piece of flat steel and make my own, or join the bling club.
Its already been stated that unless I buy the most expensive, I won't find anything more than pull tabs :laughing:

I may either get a piece of flat steel and make my own, or join the bling club.
Its already been stated that unless I buy the most expensive, I won't find anything more than pull tabs :laughing:

I've been using the same lesche digger since 1998 or so. Seems reasonably cost effective. I went through a lot of digging tools prior to owning a lesche.

Long Life Guaranteed ...

But that's because your peers kept telling you to get one so you found faults with all the others . Are you still using the same detector you owned in 1998 ? They are the best I agree on that 100% . I've had the MineLab and that's a clone and I'd like to (or rather) buy a Garrett (again similar) and then when I've found enough clad to cover the Rolls Royce of the dirt diggers . Till then I'll use my Military Knife but what ever we use remember to use it with respect to where ever we dig . Woodstock

Woodstock, I am aggressive enough that I am going to pay for at least one of my detectors just in clad this year. So my views about the cost of lesche digger might be a bit skewed.

I agree with you and maybe this season I'll see how much clad I can find . If I can't hit the magic number I'll pick up one of those by Garrett of similar design . Most of the time I just clean it and spend it . HH, Woodstock
Woodstock, I am aggressive enough that I am going to pay for at least one of my detectors just in clad this year. So my views about the cost of lesche digger might be a bit skewed.

3rd DIG

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: wow... as long as it works I guess.

I agree with you and maybe this season I'll see how much clad I can find . If I can't hit the magic number I'll pick up one of those by Garrett of similar design . Most of the time I just clean it and spend it . HH, Woodstock

Sounds like a plan. :) I like having goals - keeps me motivated. I try to dig at least a buck every day - takes under an hour usually. I am digging it all, so junky sites really hurt me.

Back
Top Bottom