Made It To 100 After 3 Failures

jack&jill

Elite Member
Got out for 7 hunts since the last report. I had hope that I would make the century mark by the Forth of July. Well I made the effort but is was not to be. After digging 4 Silvers in the first 3 hunts I still had 3 days to dig the last 2 that I needed to reach this goal. Three straight outings I failed to put the coil over a Silver coin. Well yesterday on the forth attempt I hit the target, digging two Mercury dimes. This being the 7th consecutive year of digging at least 100 Silver coins. the bookend hunts also added a small herd of Buffalo's. Anyway on to the next. Trapper

Attachments

• 6-29-19 .jpg
    6-29-19 .jpg
    129 KB · Views: 463
  • 6-30-19 .jpg
    6-30-19 .jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 426
  • 7-1-19 .jpg
    7-1-19 .jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 423
  • 7-5-19 .jpg
    7-5-19 .jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 464
Wow. That's a great silver haul. Awesome Buffalo nickels too, I've never got one of them ....yet. Keep finding them
- Levi

Nice work Trapper, congrats
Thank you Liam. I has not been as easy as it was last year but I am happy the i am still digging some Silver. Reaching this plateau takes a lot of pressure off. Trapper
Awesome finds Trapper! Congrats!! I sure like finding the buffs!
Appreciate your reply Tom, thank you. Beside digging Silver I have a passion for the Buffalo's also. Trapper

Sweet finds Trapper! Glad you are at the Century Mark on the shiny stuff! I will hope for 200+ for your this year, as there is lots of detecting left before Wisconsin's Frozen Tundra returns to shut down the detecting and digging!

Very nice Trap . The buffs in the background sure make those silvers pop .
100 + and rolling đź‘Ť

Way to work with the heat .
Dew

To be one of just a few here who have 100 FTY is always a feat that’s hard as hell to achieve Trapper, we are all pretty aware of that! I’ve always felt that knowing when to walk AWAY is just as important as where you choose to go in the first place. Some places have them and some don’t....with reasonable effort applied. I just enjoy finding them, as you obviously do! There are so many facets of this hobby to consider in order to be successful in finding what we are individually looking for....it’s mind numbing at times. And sometimes it’s possible to just find them without much effort at all. But you have to be out looking!
Good luck with your “other stuff” this week, I predict it’ll turn out just fine.:yes:

Way to go Jack, there was no doubt in my mind. Things always seem to take longer than we would like but with patience comes reward. A major ATTABOY for the century silver mark. I seem to be in a silver slump lately, well at least the last few hunts anyway. Now is 200 doable ? Good luck. Mark

Wow. That's a great silver haul. Awesome Buffalo nickels too, I've never got one of them ....yet. Keep finding them
- Levi
Thank you Levi. I enjoy digging digging older coins as well as digging Silver. I always wish I could dig more Indians and Buffalo's on my adventures. Trapper
Nice silvers and buffs. Congrats.

HD
Appreciate your reply H.D., thank you. the first and last hunts on this report were both a lot of fun. Trapper

Congrats on the first hundred FTY! Looks like a nice batch of silvers and trio of buffalo there! Sitting at 21 FTY myself, I can appreciate the time, travel, and effort it must take to reach 100. Well done Sir. Well done!

Sweet finds Trapper! Glad you are at the Century Mark on the shiny stuff! I will hope for 200+ for your this year, as there is lots of detecting left before Wisconsin's Frozen Tundra returns to shut down the detecting and digging!
Thank you David. I'm not to confident about hitting 200 but it won't be from a lack of effort. It took me a lot just to reach the first 100 with the weather having major impact on a lot of opportunity. Maybe the 2nd part of the year will be a bit more cooperative. Trapper
Very nice Trap . The buffs in the background sure make those silvers pop .
100 + and rolling đź‘Ť

Way to work with the heat .
Dew
Appreciate your kind words Brad. It was not done before the 4th as we talked but it got done. Liked the bookend hunts on this report as digging Buffalo's is always a big thrill for me. Hope to see a little more of you the back half of this year. Trapper

Very nice Trapper, you have the skill and knack to find those elusive silvers! When I recover from this illness I'll be back out there offering people some serious competition.....LOL

Back
Top Bottom