New Excalibur Coil's

Surf Master

Forum Supporter
Excalibur Blue BBS Coil's, After Market Coil, Slim Line Excalibur new coil's, hold back on the joke's , Houston we have a problem, the BBS 8, BBS 10 coil's have a line dry rot issue, ML will not sell slim line coil's- out wright, there policy :mad: i will come out and say if i can't buy part's to fix my machine's, without having to send it in to a ML service center, - it will be the last ML machine I WILL EVER BUY , had a lot of issue's the past 3 year's, but i planned on using them heavy in the water this season, not a happy camper finding out , i can not buy Excalibur Slim line Coil's without sending them to a ML service center , if anyone else has an issue with this please chime in, if not please don't chime in. :worms::madmad: Solution's Welcome without back lash.

Earl, try looking on Ebay as I see some extra coils being sold every now & then. When ML was having its major horror story issues with the prior repair center I convinced them to sell me the ikelite connector for the control pod and a couple of other things. That was during that bad time for them though.

Felix

Don't shop on E-Bay ever since Pay Pal said they wanted my bank account information after spending 10k on E-Bay, never again, also Ike light's are available just add line, new Coils are not, that mean's unless you use ML service center, you can not buy a Slim line Coil, that mean's after market , wright now i have a Sov GT coil on my 1000 now, i think that's bad also , going to the beach wright now to test it, i see most of them are OUT OF Stock, PA service center, IL service center just called , CONFIRMED ML will not sell me Slim Line Coils , there policy , :roll: I am done with ML. I am hoping i like the Aqua Manta when it ever comes out , just so i can take these Blue's out to my yard and have a bond fire , releasing the demon , when the demon is released , i will never look back to ML. :realitycheck::tumbleweed::waiting:

Throw a 10x12 SEF on it, better coil anyway. Or better yet, a 12x15 SEF if your wave action isn't that bad. If I needed to change the coil on an Excal, it definitely wouldn't be another stock coil that I put on.

Coil wire rot! Try battery cable/wire rot, too! I was hoping to use Excal down in Florida this yr only to find battery cable/wire rot and the thing dead, Oh wait alive, No dead, no, if I wiggle this wire and hold my breath... Only in sun and hot car when on beach or to/from. Rest of time, when not hunting, it is in a dark cool basement. Lasted 7-8 yrs. Have to take it home to Ohio to fix battery cable/wires with help of drill press. Right now hoping coil wire is still good, but have to fix battery cable/wires first. I think ML should simply replace all defective Excals. Simple enough.
Do any other ML detectors have a similar problem?

Salt water, sand, and sun raise hell on equipment. I agree....12 x 10 SEF is a good coil.

Excalibur Blue BBS Coil's, After Market Coil, Slim Line Excalibur new coil's, hold back on the joke's , Houston we have a problem, the BBS 8, BBS 10 coil's have a line dry rot issue, ML will not sell slim line coil's- out wright, there policy :mad: i will come out and say if i can't buy part's to fix my machine's, without having to send it in to a ML service center, - it will be the last ML machine I WILL EVER BUY , had a lot of issue's the past 3 year's, but i planned on using them heavy in the water this season, not a happy camper finding out , i can not buy Excalibur Slim line Coil's without sending them to a ML service center , if anyone else has an issue with this please chime in, if not please don't chime in. :worms::madmad: Solution's Welcome without back lash.

This is what happens when you don't treat your cables... saltwater is a harsh environment you need to treat your cables. https://www.grainger.com/product/CR...=AZIDPRR_9262-9435-2&req=Customer_Also_Viewed

Earl coil wire cables don't last forever... its not Minelabs fault... you are using old detectors and the coil wires will become brittle over time.

The Sword, Ecal 800/1000, and II

I have many thousands of hours with the Original Sword cables and they are still in fine shape as is the horseshoe coil and headphones. However the Sword's control box was put to rest last year. I have two original 1000s both have had failed coil cables and have not had to obtain an Excalibur II. So much for improvements over the almost 30 year history of the Excalibur. How many detectors have had such a run the keeps on going?

I would not put a ML coil back on either. My stock Excal 1000 coil wire also dry rotted. I put the Sovereign GT coil on the Excal and it is now dry rotted. The Excelerator coil I put on the GT looks and acts new, and a better coil. My machines are always fresh water rinsed after every hunt, but the ML coil wires still deteriorated. Cost of saltwater hunting.

Throw a 10x12 SEF on it, better coil anyway. Or better yet, a 12x15 SEF if your wave action isn't that bad. If I needed to change the coil on an Excal, it definitely wouldn't be another stock coil that I put on.
X2! Although I have it I have no idea what the 10" coil does since I run the SEF 10 X 12" exclusively.

I kind of like the Sov coils...... ive had more trouble with the slim line ones. You leave um set thou...... and in 6 mos. you could see a split. The Xcal likes to be used i guess. Sooooo Surf..... you know how to hard wire a coil? Wont be long im going to have to sell off a couple of my Xcals and a box full of goodies. I believe i have 4 coils as well..... 3 Sov i think. Got a CTX i couldnt sell either at my price with 2 coils. But ..... im just refusing to give away machines that work as well as the Xcal and CTX. To me the slim lines were a bit more chatty too.

Aftermarket is your way to go,,,,as many said, there are other coils that work just fine and better and I also agree like Dew that the slimline are more chatty than the BBS,,,,they are super deep brand new though,,,,I just recently put a new slimline on one of my machines and was shocked with the depth I am getting,,,,the BBS are great quite and sensitive coils but they are getting harder to find good ones,,,,,I cherished my last one until it quit,,,,,Having said that, ML has come a long way,,,,,4 or 5 years back they were horrible to deal with,,,,,as of recent, I have had such great luck with them I don't mind payinng the hour labor to put a new one on,,,,,GL HH

Sov Coil

Worked good on the Excal blue 1000, look me up Dew if you sell those coil's , all ML part's should be available , maybe the Sword model exception, we buy the ML machines , we the customer should have access to part's, since part's are available i will do business with other manufacturer's, you shouldnt have to buy after market coil's unless one wishes to run them , when they still make coil's , Craig i allways lubed my line after hunt's and fresh water washed them, how ever i recently used the wrong type , now i have dive shop silicone , no petrollium base, yes they did dry rot over the year's , went on a marithon hunt today 47 block's down & 47 blocks back, 94 total, found a junk angel pendent , i dought if the fake stones are real, greenies, clad , eye glass lense , some cob looking look a likes, old clad, i dought if any silver is in the pile, wash line ankle deep down, high tide back, ill post the finds tomorrow , to stiff to get up wright now, Craig i did leave the dog home, though the look in his eye was killer when i left him, ill be doing some 4- 5 hour hunts this summer when the season start's , as my post of find's will show, no depositors here yet, happy hunting, Earl

Funny

Thing said by John at the ML Pa service is they are the only service place open with a 200 ft tank test facility , yet ML want's their hand's on your machine , before you can get a new coil, most hunter's do not dive , who care's, just another BS reason they can put out forcing you to send them your Excal's, i like the BBS coil's with better line, however i am not a fan of the slim line, however i would put them on my Excalibur's if they were available , As A Last Resort, would have bought 2, ML policy , :roll: ,:nono: , don't bite the hand's of the customer's that put the cookie's in the cookie jar to begin with, you make the Excalibur , the part's should be available , just another money making scam , you have to send your Excal to us in order to get a new coil:roll: PS - Craig here are the pick's of the 94 block's covered , there is no GOLD here -till July , and August when the tourist arrive , depositor's, un-like CT were the gold has been their for year's, along with the Chesapeake Bay, as far as Florida - California were the water temp's, and Tourist are their year round, so this show's hunting ground's make a huge difference , when it comes to finding gold, sure i have found gold here in October, but slim to nothing . Continue to make a difference , cleaning of our beaches of hazards , the nasty sharp iron was found in the wet to ankle deep, foot penetrating hazard's :shock: :cool: Ride someone else about finding gold , or come down here and show me the gold , checking your pocket's 1st. , you won't find it here. :realitycheck: I will add you have a better chance at finding gold here this time of year land hunting, however , down here is all Private property , most are 1/4 acre or less close to the beach, they don't want any Joe smoe digging up there lawn, some closer to the beach with less land have war's over pet's pissing on there lawn. NO i don't like knocking on door's , bottom line.

Attachments

• P1010076.JPG
    P1010076.JPG
    176.5 KB · Views: 292
  • P1010077.JPG
    P1010077.JPG
    172.7 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom