Minelab Coil Question?

B-B

I have a question from a family member that is thinking about getting a Minelab CTX 17" Smart Coil mainly for beach hunting. Does anyone have experience with this coil you can share?

I had one. It was too darn heavy. If you are young and your muscles have muscles then it sure can cover ground. Just too big for the water though. When I get hot I have to hit the water. At one time Minelab ran a promotion of a free 17 inch coil with detector purchase.

For hunting turf it’s all I use. As goodmore said....depends how fragile your friend is and if they’re going into the water.

All I know is the following:

It's deeper than equinox 15" coil.

CTX coil combined with weight of detector - not gonna be much fun lugging around 5 million kg all day.

!!!! display - MUCH prefer than big bright display of the equinox.

Matt

The Minelab pro swing harness would make that coil seem like a featherweight. I use the harness at times.

Canadianguy has one, i saw him use it once in the water and then went back to a smaller coil. If your beach is filled with !!!! it is better to use a smaller coil.

For

The beach the 17 is a winner, however a bit heavy, I use a Equinox & 15 most of the time, for coverage & depth the 17 is good , i have 2 , Earl

Back
Top Bottom