Good App

Silver_Seeker

Elite Member
Hey everyone,

I recently discovered an app called On X Hunt. It's designed for hunters but has a lot of features that are good for detecting. I've written a review of it here

http://detectinglife.com/blog/onx-maps

I'm not being paid for this, just one guy who found an interesting app that has already helped me find new places to hunt. Check it out.

I just downloaded the app and have already found it to be very useful! It showed me lots of public property that I didn’t know about. It also showed me the boundaries of one of my permissions, and it turns out they extend a lot further than I originally thought... which means I have some more ground to detect! Outstanding! Nice review and thanks for posting this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nice write up. Hunt stand is another hunting app I use that does all of the same things but sounds like it may also offer some additional point data for in the field.

I’ll have to check this out

Update:

The more I use it, the better it gets. Like Rattlehead stated, there is a lot more town/city land out there than I'd ever thought. I've found a lot of these little pieces of public land abutting good private land that I never would have known was public land as it's not like the farmer who is leasing public land puts a sign on it to tell you it's public. It's right next to his house so you'd assume he owns it, not always.

Back
Top Bottom