Mega clad weekend

lafayettelauren

I was out at the crack of dawn again this morning for the third day in a row. Today I found an astounding $33.46! 126 quarters! That makes for a total of $73.48 for the whole weekend. I'm blown away. I never thought that was possible. All I can say is location, location, location. I know some guys will think this is fake but trust me I've had those days where I've went home with less than a buck in my finds bag. Most days I probably only average $3-4 on a quick after work hunt in an hour or two but this weekend I had close to 15 hours into it. If clad is what you're after don't be afraid to leave and try another location if you aren't scoring right away. Included in today's finds was a 1979 dollar and a 1953 wheatie. Obviously I was cherry picking the quarters but some day I need to get back to these parks to see what other goodies they may be holding.

Attachments

• image1 (3).jpg
    image1 (3).jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 193
Great hunt, that's a lot of work. With all those quarters there, I can't imagine that park has been detected recently. I'd bet there's some gold/silver jewelry mixed in as well.

Nice coinage. Congrats.

My wife and I have hit a small park that was loaded with clad. We've pulled about 80 dollars in clad and several rings so far. There's probably another easy 20-40 dollars still there. There are lots of quarters there. Makes for some fun digging.

Nice haul of quarters. There's nothing wrong with digging clad because it can be spent on something. I believe your clad amounts because Sue (my girlfriend) and I have found a sports complex that has given us OVER $450.00 in clad since 2014 and is still producing but at a much slower rate. In addition to the clad BONANZA we've dug 7 silver coins and 5 or 6 pieces of sterling there. Places like that are usually only a dream. Once again......Excellent hunt.
The picture shows one of the weekend hunts there.

Attachments

• IMGP0134.jpg
    IMGP0134.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 140
That's a great weekend clad count !! I dig a lot of clad myself and love seeing clad posts. Nothing wrong with a good clad hunt to help fund some detecting stuff or whatever. Congrats on your finds !!

I was out at the crack of dawn again this morning for the third day in a row. Today I found an astounding $33.46! 126 quarters! That makes for a total of $73.48 for the whole weekend. I'm blown away. I never thought that was possible. All I can say is location, location, location. I know some guys will think this is fake but trust me I've had those days where I've went home with less than a buck in my finds bag. Most days I probably only average $3-4 on a quick after work hunt in an hour or two but this weekend I had close to 15 hours into it. If clad is what you're after don't be afraid to leave and try another location if you aren't scoring right away. Included in today's finds was a 1979 dollar and a 1953 wheatie. Obviously I was cherry picking the quarters but some day I need to get back to these parks to see what other goodies they may be holding.

Incredible.
Congrats!

Congrats on the solid clad haul... and great odds of finding more in dimes & rings etc! +1 digging the Susan B. Anthony dollar!

Back
Top Bottom