Lots of iron and a couple of Wheats

pescadore

Elite Member
Went to an old schoolyard today and hunted through a light shower. I got into an area of the school where there was loads of iron everywhere. I had my iron audio on and heard a high tone peeking through the iron. I was able to narrow it down. I dug a 1945 wheat penny that was only 3-4 inches down and obviously had been missed by myself and others due to masking. A little later I dug another 40's wheat penny that was about 5-6 inches deep. I moved to a different part of the lot and got a good signal that was maxing out the depth meter on the screen. I dug and dug and finally uncovered what I thought was probably another wheat at 9 inches deep. When I examined the coin i discovered that it was not a wheat but a Memorial. I was surprised because it was the deepest coin that I have dug at that location. The one silver coin that I have found there was only 4-5 inches deep. Not a lot of finds today but grinded out a few clad coins and the wheats. Hope everyone had a good day.
b10fcde5170ee623113b3a28e505aaef.jpg

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Some nice hunting Dylan. I love digging deep coins and more than once I have been surprised by deep Memorials. You just would not think they would be down 8 or 9 inches. Even dug a very cruddy Zincoln near 8 inches down thinking I was digging a Indian. Yesterday right after I dug my Indian at 7 inches I got the exact same signal only about three feet away. This was between 6 and 7 down on the CTX. You can guess it was another Zincoln. I guess you never know. Trapper

Even though it was a memorial, it's still exciting to dig a coin that deep:yes:

I was very happy to know that my machine would correctly ID a penny at that depth.

Some nice hunting Dylan. I love digging deep coins and more than once I have been surprised by deep Memorials. You just would not think they would be down 8 or 9 inches. Even dug a very cruddy Zincoln near 8 inches down thinking I was digging a Indian. Yesterday right after I dug my Indian at 7 inches I got the exact same signal only about three feet away. This was between 6 and 7 down on the CTX. You can guess it was another Zincoln. I guess you never know. Trapper
'

Thanks, I was very pleased to find a couple of wheats at the school that I have pounded with my other machines. The deep memorial was a nice plus. You are doing really well with the CTX. If I could swing one, I would try and save up for one. I had a friend that used one and he dug some deep coins with his. Since I moved I haven't really found any deep coins. The soil here is mostly rock so you have to find some soil to hunt and it usually has a rock base down a ways.

Back
Top Bottom