• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Hello from East Tennessee

Short Changed

Hello from East Tennessee, I'm Dan.
Was once a very active at metal detecting. Still have a couple detectors hanging around. Miss digging up those shiny silver coins! Problem being 72, these knees and back don't want to cooperate. Looking for ways to make it easier to get up and down again or a detector with a suction tube.

Welcome aboard from east Tennessee!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know what you talking about on that getting up. Getting down is very easy. At 78 I am beginning to wonder how much longer I can dirt fish. Right knee is beginning to complain about the getting up.

I know what you talking about on that getting up. Getting down is very easy. At 78 I am beginning to wonder how much longer I can dirt fish. Right knee is beginning to complain about the getting up.
From one old dog ( 75 ) to another, I HEAR YA !!! I too have some trouble with my back and knees' I don't hunt at all when the ground is frozen and carry a kneeling pad with a plastic garbage cover. Helps a bit. GL & God bless.

Welcome Dan to the hobby and the forum from Wisconsin's frozen Tundra. Just so you know one old guy to another I'll be 68 in 3 weeks and had a major back problem. So just saying this hobby ain't just for the kids. Trapper

I've never heard it called dirt fishing but I like it!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom