Treasure hunting in America

I did. I liked the metal detecting for gold nuggets segment. I didn't like the Beverly Hills pawn shops segment. How does going to a pawn shop and buying expensive stuff for slightly less equate with treasure hunting?!

Overall it was neat to see a small section about metal detecting on TV. My wife was even interested in watching it!

I've watched those shows several times.They have aired the same episodes for a couple years now.Still cool to watch.I'm with you on the pawn shops though.:)

I turned it off when the segment on Beverly Hills came on. Didn't hold my interest either. I liked the segment on the MDing for gold as well. I though it was interesting how the mine that gave tours and said it was closed, stated that there was some 600 million dollars more in gold there. Something tells me its not really "closed." :lol:

I figured there would be a post about the show, I watched it, too. I couldn't believe they let the public walk down in the mines. They didn't look too safe, would you guys go down in it??
They didn't seem to spend too much time teaching them how to metal detect when they were hunting for gold, but it still looked like fun! We talked about going to one of the diamond mines in Western Arkansas this summer until the hurricane weather was going, too, so we ditched that idea. Maybe next year!Cheers
GiGi

If this is the one sponsored by Whites, there were a bunch of episodes that you could watch online, at least a year ago or so.

I watched the predecessor (Cash and Treasures?) once and with most 'reality' shows I don't put much into it. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't plant a few good finds for some shows. I also read after one airing the site "suddenly" increased their prices to look for "treasure".

OZ, the septic skeptic :p

Back
Top Bottom