Teknetics 8500 coin computer?

alba359

Hi, I inherited a "Teknetics 8500 Coin Computer" I've tried several internet searches and found very little information about this detector. I would appreciate your help sharing any info you may have concerning this detector. Thanks,Don

Try an internet search for Teknetics Omega 8500 metal detector. There is info on this forum and many other metal detecting forums about the 8500 and its predecessor the Omega 8000.

Jeff

ya that's an oldie.. but I bet it still finds stuff

https://picclick.com/Teknetics-8500-Coin-Computer-Metal-Detector-Vintage-401769037130.html

found this on another forum maybe it will help you at least get started..

Rick, After reading the manual I setup the detector according to the instructions.This is their suggested setup, turn the unit on, all knob setting in blue,(factory set)next dial dis knob until meter reads 62(which now screw caps are dis-ed out),finally the power knob turned to target select mode,last turn target select dis knob until the meter is at 28 on the scale.It states in the manual that 28 will give you nickles but adjustment may have to be made to pickup nickles and reject pull tabs.I did a bench air test after these adjustments were made and the unit would pickup copper pennies, nickles dimes,and quarters.The detector rejected the items that I tested pull tabs with tails,Pepsi screw caps.I did use the unit in the yard briefly recovering newer coins.The hip mount may be a good way to go with this detector because of the bulk and weight.I'm looking forward to using this detector in the park Saturday after work.

Hi Alba 359,
sorry for my ignorance. I wasn't doing any metal detecting 35+years ago when the original Teknetics 8500, 8000 and the 9000 were new.......my bad!
Hope the battery compartment is clean, you have lots of money for batteries and that it works.

Jeff

Thanks guys, Thanks very much for the info on the "Coin Computer" SoOregan, It's a great help!....Hey Jeff, I get confused too about detector names. For instance Garrett had 2 detectors (The Treasure Ace300 and newer Ace 300). 2 totally different detectors. Thanks for replying, Don

Back
Top Bottom