Cache I found one time

steve in so la

Forum Supporter
No great shakes but interesting .
One time I was detecting the yard of this old adobe house they were getting ready to demolish. I was doing ok but then noticed a big black dog sniffing around under a bedroom window. I watched and he began to paw the ground and dirt was flying way out back of him. After a while he quit and left and I went over to see what he was after and started seeing coins all over.

I worked the whole area, including the thrown back dirt that also had some coins and finally got about 50. Unfortunately, no silver or oldies of any kind but all denominations were there. I think the cache had been buried under the bedroom window to kind of keep an eye on and the dog smelled it - either the bag it was in or whatever. Steve in so az

thats cool! id love to find a cache,i was with my dad once when he found a cache of pennies :lol: there was 343 wheat pennies with a few Canadian cents mixed in the lot. i seen him diggin over by this big tree and all of the sudden he hollerd over to me hoisting this old rotten bag up in the air and i could see coins spilling out of the holes...kinda bummed when i got over there and seen they where pennies,i was expecting it to be silver or somthing...still neat tho...ive got a pic somewhere of him holding that bag up with coins fallin out of it,ill try to find it and scan it and post it.

Please do.. I'd love to see that one.

thats cool! id love to find a cache,i was with my dad once when he found a cache of pennies :lol: there was 343 wheat pennies with a few Canadian cents mixed in the lot. i seen him diggin over by this big tree and all of the sudden he hollerd over to me hoisting this old rotten bag up in the air and i could see coins spilling out of the holes...kinda bummed when i got over there and seen they where pennies,i was expecting it to be silver or somthing...still neat tho...ive got a pic somewhere of him holding that bag up with coins fallin out of it,ill try to find it and scan it and post it.

I watched and he began to paw the ground and dirt was flying way out back of him. After a while he quit and left and I went over to see what he was after and started seeing coins all over.

Well, I'll bet that dog was sure disappointed when he came back with his buddies to show 'em what he had found!:lol:

One time back in the mid-sixties, when I was a kid, I was walking up the street kicking the leaves in the gutter and when I kicked a wadded-up brown paper sack I thought I heard the jingle of change, so I looked inside the sack and there was something like seventy-two dollars inside, all bills, no change--it definitely made my day!

These are great cache stories you guys posted!! I sometimes daydream about stumbling on stuff like that! Since I started dectecting this past March I did find a plastic sandwich baggy on the beach under a few inchs of sand with about $1.20 in it. :D

No great shakes but interesting .
One time I was detecting the yard of this old adobe house they were getting ready to demolish. I was doing ok but then noticed a big black dog sniffing around under a bedroom window. I watched and he began to paw the ground and dirt was flying way out back of him. After a while he quit and left and I went over to see what he was after and started seeing coins all over.

I worked the whole area, including the thrown back dirt that also had some coins and finally got about 50. Unfortunately, no silver or oldies of any kind but all denominations were there. I think the cache had been buried under the bedroom window to kind of keep an eye on and the dog smelled it - either the bag it was in or whatever. Steve in so az

I would have taken the dog!:lol: He'd be my new desert cache hunting dog!

Back
Top Bottom