• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Redding California - Hunting partners

yrekadude

Elite Member
Hello,

I recently moved back to Redding CA and in the past I've ran into more than one shady / tweaky character out in the hills which was not fun. Wouldn't hurt to have one or more partners with me for some metal detecting and to watch out for each other. We can take turns choosing where to go unless we find some nugget patches we want to keep hunting ;)

I know a nugget area called "Squid Lips" which has been hunted a lot but I found a nugget out there about .50 grams with an White's MXT

I have an Equinox 800 so I'm up for nugget hunting, parks, lakeshores since Shasta lake is low, will consider other places too. I'm available on the weekends and sometimes in the evening for local hunts before the sun goes down. I plan to be very active as the weather gets better.

Going to rejoin Shasta Miner's and Prospectors soon to meet like minded people also.

I used to live in Redding as a kid and have to say I loved it there. With wide open country my twin brother and I used to bike and hike to a small pond where there was a boat to paddle around for anyone to use. It was a blast.
One day we were heading out to the pond and came over a small rise and there was the biggest California Condor just standing on the side of the road. We gave it plenty of room because it looked almost as big as us (9 year olds).
Best of luck on the hunt up there!

I used to live in Redding as a kid and have to say I loved it there. With wide open country my twin brother and I used to bike and hike to a small pond where there was a boat to paddle around for anyone to use. It was a blast.
One day we were heading out to the pond and came over a small rise and there was the biggest California Condor just standing on the side of the road. We gave it plenty of room because it looked almost as big as us (9 year olds).
Best of luck on the hunt up there!

Redding is still beautiful but it seems to be where the state drops all their druggies and sex offenders. This is another reason I want a hunting buddy in this area. Joined the local miners and prospectors club that has detecting meetups. sent in my registration papers and have another week or so until the monthly meeting. excited!

Can't wait to mingle with the old timers and enjoy the raffles and other fun at these meetings. Going to dust off my gold pans too :D

Hello,

I recently moved back to Redding CA and in the past I've ran into more than one shady / tweaky character out in the hills which was not fun. Wouldn't hurt to have one or more partners with me for some metal detecting and to watch out for each other. We can take turns choosing where to go unless we find some nugget patches we want to keep hunting ;)

I know a nugget area called "Squid Lips" which has been hunted a lot but I found a nugget out there about .50 grams with an White's MXT

I have an Equinox 800 so I'm up for nugget hunting, parks, lakeshores since Shasta lake is low, will consider other places too. I'm available on the weekends and sometimes in the evening for local hunts before the sun goes down. I plan to be very active as the weather gets better.

Going to rejoin Shasta Miner's and Prospectors soon to meet like minded people

Back
Top Bottom