Coweta County Georgia

Went to soccer fields today and hit the playground and grass..not much in the sand except 2 matchbox cars and the only coins were 5" deep or more.. (someone must be keeping it clean)..did pick up $1.82 in change and a toe ring in grass next to parking.

I killed it today, 9 dollars in quarters. 14 dimes, 2 nickels and about 40 pennies. Best day I have had since I bought the pro.. Quarters were everywhere.

While I was detecting today on lake Peachtree today, a guy ask me if my pro could find the gas cap to his boat which he dropped in the water.. Yep, I found his 30 dollar stainless steel cap ..

I have had it only about 3 or 4 weeks. I haven't been having much luck but today, luck was on my side. There is still a lot of clad there, I stopped digging penny and dime signals.. Now, if I could make myself dig those pull tab signals

I am glad I checked back in. I can not go this sunday. I can skip some times but Saturdays are better.
I do want to get some people together to go to the Johnson line on the river.

There is about 100 acres available that has the old shupade still there.
They were like mini forts.
I have stopped and walked it but have not hunted it yet. I also found about 14 acres on nickajack creek where the union artillery was located.
There is a old mill sight on a feeder creek.

Well, I guess I was the only one.

It was sunny out but a little chilly. I hit some fields and found more soda cans then I thought I would. A few more pieces of trash. A few clad coins.

Then moved over to the playgrounds and ball fields. and didn't do much better.

I went this Sat and Sun with my little boy to 2 different soccer fields and a playground and besides a few sad little dimes not much else. It was a little wet too.

Something tells me that a few other people have been hitting these places hard as I can always find a few dollars in coins especially at the schools.

So I am off to research some new digging areas. I'm not far from Fayetteville and they have some places that look promising also. If anyone has some spots they want to share or wants some company just shoot me a message.

Fayetteville FNG

I am a new FNG would like to meet someone who can teach me the ins and outs of my AT Pro. Thank you!

I am in Kennesaw, Ga.

We have many schools and parks around here, but I feel if I show up there with a detector, intent to dig, etc that I am trespassing. I really haven't hunted anywhere but my own yard, for fear of trespassing on schools land, or local parks.

I am afraid unless I specifically ask someone if I can hunt on their land, I may be breaking the law.

Ideas?
Chris

I am in Senoia looking for places around here. Just moved here from S Fl.

New Here

I’m new to this site and to Metal detecting. I have a Simplex + and lots of ideas as to where to explore. I live in Newnan and would like to get involved in some hunts.

Back
Top Bottom