Anybody in eastern Massachusetts preferably South shore

Planter

Anybody out there from the South shore? I'm really looking for someone with more experience or at least more knowledge than I have. I did have a whites metal detector back in 1980 and boy could you find stuff back then. Now I have an AT Pro and I'm finding the pickings to be much slimmer than in the olden days even with a machine so much more advanced than I used to use..
Even though I live in an area with great potential and a very old history I'm finding it pretty tough. The anchor for the USS Constitution was cast of bog iron a few miles upstream of where I live. The sailing vessel the Columbia was built upstream as well and was the first boat to circumnavigate South America to the northwest of what is now the United States. They named the space shuttle after the Columbia as well as a river. Well that's just the short history. I was walking out of the woods during archery season and came up on an old salt glazed jug pushing up out of the ground. It doesn't have a blemish on it and makes me think that it's my hunting abilities that are the reason I'm not finding anything and not that it's been picked over and picked over.
If there's anyone who wants to hit the woods with me and provide me with a little education and using the at pro I would welcome their company. I do have a few other spots but my fines have been limited to musket balls and ox shoes. I want more.

Back
Top Bottom