North Carolina

DW0378

Forum Supporter
Heading down the second week in April to visit my parents. Looking to do some digging while i'm there and was wondering if there was anyone around Fuquay Varina that might be interested in getting together bonus points if you swing a Deus as well as I am still trying to get a hold of what mines telling me.

Dont know why no one has answered you. I've seen some from that area post on here. Maybe theyll post up here soon and show you some NC hospitality. Good luck.

Dont know why no one has answered you. I've seen some from that area post on here. Maybe theyll post up here soon and show you some NC hospitality. Good luck.

Hopefully someone will be looking for company and worst comes to worst and I don't get to swing I will be on the lookout for some great BBQ willing to travel a couple hours for either

Last edited:
I'm sure you'll find somewhere to hunt. Plenty of farmland on the outskirts of town. If not , hit a few tot lots . BBQ , there used to be a place outside of Wilson that would put out a real down east BBQ buffet. I wish I could remember the name of it. They had everything, just like grandma used to make it . The Brunswick stew, vegetables,hush puppies,BBQ chopped, sliced, they even had an indoor pit with the whole hog spread out and you could pick what you wanted. It wasn't a fancy place but it was pretty good.

I'm a Long Island boy I am looking for someplace to go. MY folks moved down about 6 months ago and I haven't really had anytime to explore yet.

Well looks like it may be some blind door knocking. Still looking if anyone is interested. BBQ suggestions within a couple hours ride also welcomed

Maybe see if you can do a search for any NC hunters on here and send them a PM. They may not be looking in this section of the forum. I wish I knew the name of that BBQ place I told you about, I'm pretty sure you would like it, food quality and taste wise anyway. List your dates you'll be there also. Good luck and let me know how things go for you .

Maybe see if you can do a search for any NC hunters on here and send them a PM. They may not be looking in this section of the forum. I wish I knew the name of that BBQ place I told you about, I'm pretty sure you would like it, food quality and taste wise anyway. List your dates you'll be there also. Good luck and let me know how things go for you .

I'm not real close by (near to FV), but I think the place that hawgdawg is trying to think of (for BBQ), is indeed Parker's. That place has been famous for it's BBQ, and other gooood eats, for just about as long as I can remember. I can remember going there as a kid, and as far back, as the 60's......it was good then, and has been every other time I've been there......I bet it's still good :yes:

Hope you find a hunting partner.........GL & HH

Last edited:
I am in Charlotte North Carolina the surrounding cities are Gastonia Mount Holly Denver Newton Rock Hill Salisbury if you could come down here I could take you to some places

I am in Charlotte North Carolina the surrounding cities are Gastonia Mount Holly Denver Newton Rock Hill Salisbury if you could come down here I could take you to some places

Always willing to take a ride ... Thank you for the offer

I'm not real close by (near to FV), but I think the place that hawgdawg is trying to think of (for BBQ), is indeed Parker's. That place has been famous for it's BBQ, and other gooood eats, for just about as long as I can remember. I can remember going there as a kid, and as far back, as the 60's......it was good then, and has been every other time I've been there......I bet it's still good :yes:

Hope you find a hunting partner.........GL & HH

I definitely have read good things about it and will probably make the trip. Going to be a lot of driving this trip. Family will probably want to kill me but I want to swing as much as possible while I'm down there and I am willing to drive to do it. If all works out as of now I have critik's offer and am working on hooking up with a friend in SC. Hopefully there will be more I really like civil war stuff and there no a lot of that here on Long Island

If it wouldn't start a fight I would tell you that you cant get good BBQ in NC. One must come down to SC to get Good BBQ. But Since it would start a fight I will not do that

Hope you get in some good hunting in NC.

If it wouldn't start a fight I would tell you that you cant get good BBQ in NC. One must come down to SC to get Good BBQ. But Since it would start a fight I will not do that

ahahahh nothing wrong with a healthy discussion on BBQ. As for the hunting if nothing else I planned a side trip back to the north in Culpeper for a group hunt and I may have something in SC just waiting to here back from a friend. If that fails through I will be knocking on some southern doors.

Seeing as I may be in SC I will take recommendations for there as well if you have any :)

:foottap::boxing::sissyfight:...SC !!! Good BBQ !!! :realitycheck:
Just kidding ya. I tried y'all's mustard BBQ sauce, it's got the taste that will grow on you. I was surprised. There's good food everywhere, you just have to find the right cook. Let us know where a good BBQ joint is at, I'll check them out if I get close by there .

:foottap::boxing::sissyfight:...SC !!! Good BBQ !!! :realitycheck:
Just kidding ya. I tried y'all's mustard BBQ sauce, it's got the taste that will grow on you. I was surprised. There's good food everywhere, you just have to find the right cook. Let us know where a good BBQ joint is at, I'll check them out if I get close by there .

mmmmmmmm hungry for BBQ ... and diggin....

Back
Top Bottom