Bucketlister! My first seated half dime!

JimR_TN

Elite Member
Was having a good hunt, found a few coins but the oldest was a 1956 wheatie until.... BAM! 1838 Seated Half Dime! Couldn't believe it, was only about 2 inches deep. I expected another copper penny.

What a great bucketlister! And it is also my oldest coin.

:cool3: :cool3: :cool3: :cool3: :cool3: :cool3:

Attachments

• 1838halfdimefront.jpg
    1838halfdimefront.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 499
  • 1838halfdimeback.jpg
    1838halfdimeback.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 468
  • 05112021finds.jpg
    05112021finds.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 452
Wow, great find. Did you choose an old area to detect, or was this out of the blue?

Crazy nice find Jim! I won’t mention you missed Capped Bust by a year because that thing is EXTRA mint! That’s the kind of thing that puts a spring in the step, keep those coming!:yes:

Congrats. Nice Seated. Still waiting for any seat here! That’s a beauty!

Absolute love seeing these bucketlisters and it's even better when there in fantastic shape like this one is.

Congrats, that seated is in remarkable shape for its age!

Thanks!

Beautiful coin! Congrats

Thanks

Wow, great find. Did you choose an old area to detect, or was this out of the blue?

I picked an old area, but although the road this property is on is very old I only knew that there had been 2 1900s homes on the property, one of which was used as a school from the 1930s to 1950s. I had already covered the area where the school stood and found a Merc and a war nickel. This was in the back part of the property. I had found clad dimes and quarters in this area but no sign of anything old until this beauty.

Crazy nice find Jim! I won’t mention you missed Capped Bust by a year because that thing is EXTRA mint! That’s the kind of thing that puts a spring in the step, keep those coming!:yes:

Thanks. I'll be happy with the half dime... for now. :cool3:

Congrats. Nice Seated. Still waiting for any seat here! That’s a beauty!

I've only found 2 and they were both surprises.

Absolute love seeing these bucketlisters and it's even better when there in fantastic shape like this one is.

Thanks

Congratulations on that beautiful 1838 seated half dime! Great find and in great shape! :woot:

Thanks

Congrats! Due to their miniscule size, half dimes are one of the toughest coins to dig. I've only found two in my eight years of metal detecting. Yours is really nice because it hasn't been holed, which was a common thing to do back then.

She’s beautiful and she’s all yours. Congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome find! Don’t you love seeing a great find like that when it’s totally unexpected?

Back
Top Bottom