*Epic Update* Crazy cool dish frag!

Donneybrook

Elite Member
A two hour dig today produced 5 more dish fragments! My favorite one has a horse and rider racing on a track with the stands in the background! I hope so much that i'll be able to complete this dish someday!

UPDATE: Post #15 has new relics! Another horse piece!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 475
Wow! I like the horse one too!

Totally! I couldn't figure out the design and finally my Dad goes "It's a horse!"
:D

That's one beautiful plate, incredible! :D Hopefully you'll be able to find the rest. :D

Thanks man! Could you imagine how cool (and potentially valuable) that plate would be! Some old dishes that I have pieces of have gone for over $300 on eBay! Not reconstructed though :) but it could still be worth well over $100 depending on the rarity of the dish. :)

That horse dish piece is cool! Do any of the white pieces fit with the bowl you are reconstructing from the last hunt? Congrats on some neat finds

congrats man

Thanks man!

That horse dish piece is cool! Do any of the white pieces fit with the bowl you are reconstructing from the last hunt? Congrats on some neat finds

Thanks man! No, they don't unfortunately. I'll try to get an album made of my dish fragments tomorrow night so you can see just how many dish pieces I've got!

Being in the "War Relic Hunting" section...............how is this tied into war relic hunting?

Just curious.

Interesting finds! I find shards frequently but never enough to even start putting something together. I'd be interested in getting enough frags to ID the maker and date/ location of maker. Let us know how you do. GL and HH. Matt

Being in the "War Relic Hunting" section...............how is this tied into war relic hunting?

Just curious.

That would be because there was a US army encampment on my property during the Second Seminole War. All the dish fragment were from dishes used by the soldiers during their stay in Tallahassee during the war. Here is a link to a album I made of artifacts found here on my property. http://metaldetectingforum.com/album.php?albumid=3802

Interesting finds! I find shards frequently but never enough to even start putting something together. I'd be interested in getting enough frags to ID the maker and date/ location of maker. Let us know how you do. GL and HH. Matt

Thanks man! The Saturday i found three pieces that fit together and made about a quarter of a bowl (pictured here, http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=183557 ) that has half the embossment on the bottom that has about half of a crown and the word "tafforshire" which I deduced to be "Staffordshire England that made lots of ironstone china in the early-middle 1800s! :)

Another horse dish fragment! + 3 more dish pieces.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 304
Wow nice plate frags . I sure would like to see what that horse plate might have looked like as a complete piece . Congrats

Wow nice plate frags . I sure would like to see what that horse plate might have looked like as a complete piece . Congrats

Thanks man! I hope so much that i'll complete it sometime in the next couple years of digging :) You can see by my second horse piece that its identical to the first implying that the decoration could repeat around the bowl.

Back
Top Bottom