17 is the number

Semtav

Elite Member
Went out and checked out an old homestead yesterday in the howling wind. Probably the cleanest homestead I've seen yet. Virtually nothing underground. Not even much rusted tin cans etc. Found a couple interesting things above ground . One was a 1917 license plate. That meant I found a 1917 plate on the 17 of May 2017. (Probably at 3:17 ) that was neat. Plus two other items that I don't know what they were used for.

5a5190bb07028194965de83b196db76b.jpg

25937 MONT -17
didn't even know theiere were enough vehicles around to need license plates back then. 1915 was the first year they were required in Montana

FILL WITH 28 LBS OF STONE

it was under a spot where a windmill once stood, but never seen one around any other windmill so I don't know what it was ballast for

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

First one may be a windmill counterbalance weight? Based only on a google search.

http://www.farmcollector.com/equipment/counterbalance-weights

Yea !!! Thanks. We just don't see those kind of windmills around here any more. They are all the Aeromotor style

Semtav, Cool plate...I'm from Chester Mt originally...wish I still lived there! HH

Thanks. I see one that was restored asking $164.00. that must make mine worth at least $1.00. I bet the detecting is better out there tho.!!!!

whomever own that car had some money. people was still riding horses. enjoyed looking at the neat stuff you found.

That particular company made a windmill that pumped water and ground grain(might be the reason for ballast).

http://www.worldcat.org/title/duplex-manufacturing-company-records-1891-1985/oclc/145791155

Thanks. found it quite a ways from the windmill. Didn't realize it was part of it.

whomever own that car had some money. people was still riding horses. enjoyed looking at the neat stuff you found.

Yea. funny this homestead didn't look like much, but with the building all gone, it might have been real nice. I've always like old machines of any kind. Neat seeing how things were designed 100 years ago.

Cool old relics!
Especially the one from Superior WI

thought you Wis keys would like that.

Nice finds Brian, congrats! Theres probably some coins around, it just needs some time. Is the house still there, or just the foundation?

Nice finds Brian, congrats! Theres probably some coins around, it just needs some time. Is the house still there, or just the foundation?
Nope, No house, no foundation, no nothing but a few dips in the ground. Plus the pipe where the windmill stood.

Hit another one yesterday that was just the opposite. Trash everywhere. Detector never quit going off. Plus you could tell someone burned everything. Nothing but a wyo. Emblem there
14ba1da32edffe1d6b6063b09348acb6.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom