Deus ORX any good for trashy park hunting for coin & jewelry

Rob O

Forum Supporter
My only concerns are it being to sensitive & not having a depth meter ...... 99% of U Tube videos show only crop field hunting, so it’s not looking to good.....Anyone having any Luck with one.

I have the ORX but not too much time on it. It’s definitely a fast detector and it’s very Deus like. Wish I could tell you more. At this point I really like it and have it as a back up to my Deus.

Hi,
the XP ORX is a good coin and jewelry hunter in trashy parks. I didn't say great or excellent. It gets the job done however after a little practice. Small aluminum, aluminum wrappers and foil all give a crackly response in the 30 to 40s depending on the size. Pull tabs and larger aluminum can hit anywhere from the upper 40s to the mid 70s. Depending on where you set the iron low tone break, most aluminum will be a medium pitched tone along with nickels, lead, brass and most gold. Silver and the rest of the US coins will be a high tone.

Good quality targets that aren't too deep (past 5 to 6" where I live) have fairly solid numerical target IDs and great tone IDs. On those targets, if I hear the slightest hint of iron tone or see a high iron probability reading it is usually iron related.

Depending on which coil you are using, the ORX has plenty of frequencies adjustments and other adjustments that make it a very versatile, lightweight detector. Depending on your soil conditions it can go plenty deep.

There actually is a depth meter of sorts built into the pinpoint function. Surface to shallow targets will fill up or almost fill up the Pinpoint Box. Deeper targets that are coin sized will halfway or less fill the Pinpoint box and usually have weaker audio signals. It works pretty well for me.

I have also used my ORX with both the 9" X35 and 9" HF coils for relic hunting and especially for gold nugget prospecting. It is an excellent relic hunter and an outstanding gold nugget detector.

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom