Interest in the North Houston Area?

BlindHog

My family has 1,000 acres of ranch land north of Houston that my buddy and I haven't begun to cover with our detectors. We were talking the other day about hosting an MDing event to see what we turn up. The property was a tobacco farm in the 19th century, then a dairy farm before my family purchased it in the 1930s as a cattle ranch. The older members of the family talk about stories they heard growing up about an Indian battle with settlers, but I haven't been able to substantiate it through the county historical society. We do know that in the 1940s, bones were unearthed when the lake was dug, which may be where the rumors originated. I don't make it back to Texas real often, but would like to preserve any unearthed history before the property sells for development and is lost. I've never thought about hosting an event like this before, and was curious if this was in line with other events? I wouldn't expect anything of monetary value to be located beyond lost jewelry from party-goers (lots of parties held here over the decades), but would like to retain for display (quite a few events are still held there regularly) items of historical or family importance. I would appreciate your opinions on such an event.

I would say contact Garrett in Garland Tx. I think they have a search team and perform such coordinated hunts. It can't hurt to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom