52.8 grams of silver? My last dig at this dump....forever

SevenOneSix

Elite Member
Well I knew this day would come eventually. In due time I will create a post of all the neat things I found here. This place has been added to the superfund list. Seems like everything around here is a superfund site. Looks like I will have to actually use my metal detectors lol. I was enjoying the lazy digging. These are my finds. Enjoy.

Screenshot_2017-05-26-15-49-21_zps0phbyi7q.png

20170526_153017_zpst5smnest.jpg

20170526_152812_zps9enhgnx2.jpg

Screenshot_2017-05-26-15-53-52_zpsxfrxxcyz.png

The sanitary milk co
20170526_153046_zpswjl4yyn0.jpg

Neat marble with a bubble in the middle
Screenshot_2017-05-26-15-52-47_zpson2ldsz1.png

This almost didn't make it back with me. It was completely covered in what I'm guessing was rust. When I picked it up I thought it was a door handle of some sort but I decided to toss it in my bag. It's a reed & Barton handle to some type of silverware from Hotels Statler. I scraped and cleaned it with water and the pen nib lol poor choice I know. I don't know if this is sterling or not but if it is then it's the biggest piece of silver I've ever found weighing 52.8 grams.
Screenshot_2017-05-26-15-52-04_zpscxoaceko.png

Joe Rogan & Tom Papa talking about metal detecting and shipwrecks on his live podcast right now

You've certainly pulled some cool stuff outta there, Congrats on the finds!
The silver knife handle may have a piece of steel inside it for strength.

Wow excellent finds! Unfortunately the handle looks only plated, but who cares look at all the other goodies! Happy hunting!

Wow excellent finds! Unfortunately the handle looks only plated, but who cares look at all the other goodies! Happy hunting!

You might be right.

You've certainly pulled some cool stuff outta there, Congrats on the finds!
The silver knife handle may have a piece of steel inside it for strength.

Took a hammer to the handle to remove the piece of steel. I expected the plating to flake off everywhere but it didnt. I'm still not convinced its sterling.

Finding those marbles would have made my day. Big Congrats!

beephead

I love them marbles. I ended up with a decent amount from this place.

That marble might be made of Amber. Make sure it's not glass as Amber would make it worth a bit.

Back
Top Bottom