Silver, gold, glass and brass.

GeorgiaCody

So recently I started detecting a family member's house they just moved into. A little background is it is on the old Quaker Rd. that connects Louisville to Waynesboro and further south to Savannah in broken segments across Georgia. I'm unsure if the existing road is the actual roadbed of the original Quaker road, have been keeping an eye out for any features that favor an old roadbed. But according to all the history I've ever been told General Sherman and his entire battalion took that route on his way to Savannah, not to mention it being a major roadway for any other soldiers traveling that area during the time. We I of course had high hopes of popping a few eagle buttons or maybe even a Confederate block "I" out the ground, hasn't happened yet[emoji29] but this is also where a school used to sit (they eventually rebuilt right across the street) and an old church is right beside their land. So in short there is possibility to find anything coins or relics from early 1800s to modern. I spent about 4 hours Saturday and another 4 Sunday and think I might be off to a decent start, (walking random directions, trying different areas of their 25 acres) here are a few pics of some of the finds, I'll update as soon as I can make it back over there. Thanks for the looks.

Coins are; '43 Merc, '52 dime, '43 P wartime, '97 IH. Random wheats '17-'53, modern quarter/penny. Suspect those are "trade beads" idk enough about them to be certain though, rings are Sterling and 14k and a glass one, brooch has all 4 "diamonds?" And a "pearl?" And if anyone could ID the disk to the left of the flat buttons below the flower button I would greatly appreciate it (heavy like lead but seems harder, if that helps)
c08c5ee800cea614e62508da8db8984c.jpg
78ba3a60c035eea703e1ac8edf2fa72b.jpg
dc74ba8500e5f8127249a1143baf4dc1.jpg
cb16c80947246d060988222e189b67fc.jpg
2a25933083734a4851889c6c64cfe058.jpg

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'll be back this weekend (weather permitting) and gonna hit the area that all those colonial flats came out of, seems to be a little less modern there. Will post finds.

Were the beads all found in one spot, one hole? If so you might be able to sift more?

Awesome hunt, congrats on the gold especially, and trade beads, if that's what they are...

<°)))>{

Were the beads all found in one spot, one hole? If so you might be able to sift more?

Awesome hunt, congrats on the gold especially, and trade beads, if that's what they are...

<°)))>{
Yeah they were, seemed to be where a trunk was buried or ended up when the house either rotted away or was demolished, was a good bit of women's belt buckles, brooches and a corner to the trunk all in about a 4 foot diameter area. Yeah definitely plan on going through that spot more thoroughly. And thank you.

Back
Top Bottom