• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

f 70 f75 depth question

The deepest silver quarter I ever found was a 42 in nice black dirt in some woods buried under some roots I had to chop through but even then it wasn't all that deep...maybe about 5-6".
With my F70 I actually was in 2F tones at the time, DE, disc at 4, threshold at +1 or 2, sense in the 90's.
All my other silver quarters and pretty much all the clad ones too rarely ever got deeper than that and I have dug them in 3 states.
Heck, even an 1898 Barber quarter I found had to be hiding in the to dirt for about 100 years wasn't much more than 2" deep.
I have dug deeper coins though, an IH coin spill at about 9", some silver dimes about 7-8", a couple of deep nickels including a worn V at about 8".
Most were found using 4H tones.
Nowadays I mostly use all metal or monotone with low disc at 1 or 0 for their unmasking abilities and also for some great depth.

Nine inch deep quarter with F75 SE model and DST model both.
Stock coils used.

De mode low disc,,,bp process same targets,, signal badly chopped.
4 bars indicated in mineralization index meter.

With F75 DST model have dug nonferous targets in be mode down to 10" while in 3 bars indicated soil.

Mild soil, seems detector will punch even using boost process.

The deepest silver quarter I ever found was a 42 in nice black dirt in some woods buried under some roots I had to chop through but even then it wasn't all that deep...maybe about 5-6".
With my F70 I actually was in 2F tones at the time, DE, disc at 4, threshold at +1 or 2, sense in the 90's.
All my other silver quarters and pretty much all the clad ones too rarely ever got deeper than that and I have dug them in 3 states.
Heck, even an 1898 Barber quarter I found had to be hiding in the to dirt for about 100 years wasn't much more than 2" deep.
I have dug deeper coins though, an IH coin spill at about 9", some silver dimes about 7-8", a couple of deep nickels including a worn V at about 8".
Most were found using 4H tones.
Nowadays I mostly use all metal or monotone with low disc at 1 or 0 for their unmasking abilities and also for some great depth.

Thank you for the info.

Nine inch deep quarter with F75 SE model and DST model both.
Stock coils used.

De mode low disc,,,bp process same targets,, signal badly chopped.
4 bars indicated in mineralization index meter.

With F75 DST model have dug nonferous targets in be mode down to 10" while in 3 bars indicated soil.

Mild soil, seems detector will punch even using boost process.

Thanks I've been thinking about the f75.

I have an f70. Deepest I've dug one is 6 inches. Deep coins are very choppy but usually revert back to the original vdi number I've found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13" on a silver quarter with my F75 SE LTD. 80 sensitivity , JE mode , 3H tone. The audio was just a whisper but a solid 86-88 id. So I dug the target and to my surprise it was a silver quarter. The most amazing thing was , I was using a Nel Sharpshooter coil.

I've never used an F70 but the 75 is a stout machine down here in the Houston area. I know a PI machine could find it but there was a V3I and a CTX there and neither could get a reading on their vdi.

Thanks I've been thinking about the f75.

You won't be disappointed. I got to use this one while mine was in for a tune up. I wish I could have kept it.

Attachments

• 20170519_131256_resized.jpg
    20170519_131256_resized.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 131
Back
Top Bottom