Nokta Impact information

The smaller iron that falls in on the low end of the scale can be muted or set to a tone. The larger iron nails are still fooling me since they are higher up on the scale 97-99. I have the same problem with the CTX when I am running ferrous-coin and get as 12-37. Sometime it is a penny and sometimes it is rusty nail even thou the trace is showing iron in the lower right corner even for pennies (it may be the trashy park), so I dig it.

Yes, you can change the default tones on the Impact. As previously posted the scale is much tighter then the CTX. And not all modes can be changed. For instance the DI99 has the iron tone from 1-15, and from 16-99 the pitch is raised for each digit. I also read a complaint that the DI4 mode was not changeable but I have not looked into changing that mode.

Here is a nice feature of the Impact, anything you notch out for example any target from 35-50, you can assign the iron tone as an option. Therefore you can hear something in the notch area if you would like.

The CTX is flexible as stated. You can assign tones to any of the bins based upon the tone profile and adjust the bins. The tone profiles can be 2 tones, 4 tones or 5 tones for combined. For coin shooting I use combine. I assign the nickel range the same tone as penny, dime, quarter, silver range. The range below nickel I assign the tone that I am using for the ferrous tone break. And the mid vdi range I assign a mid tone range making it a 3 tone machine.

I only have around 25 to 30 hours and there are still features and modes that need to be discovered and learned.

One of the best features is the ability to apply updates. I was a software developer and I know software is never written without bugs and sometimes
there are performance issues. The ability to apply a fix code is so important.

One thing that would worry me with using the Impact on low conductor coins in the UK is that they read in the 20's in the D modes.
Just how high do you have to set your tone break for 3" nails?

The smaller iron that falls in on the low end of the scale can be muted or set to a tone. The larger iron nails are still fooling me since they are higher up on the scale 97-99. I have the same problem with the CTX when I am running ferrous-coin and get as 12-37. Sometime it is a penny and sometimes it is rusty nail even thou the trace is showing iron in the lower right corner even for pennies (it may be the trashy park), so I dig it.

Yes, you can change the default tones on the Impact. As previously posted the scale is much tighter then the CTX. And not all modes can be changed. For instance the DI99 has the iron tone from 1-15, and from 16-99 the pitch is raised for each digit. I also read a complaint that the DI4 mode was not changeable but I have not looked into changing that mode.

Here is a nice feature of the Impact, anything you notch out for example any target from 35-50, you can assign the iron tone as an option. Therefore you can hear something in the notch area if you would like.

The CTX is flexible as stated. You can assign tones to any of the bins based upon the tone profile and adjust the bins. The tone profiles can be 2 tones, 4 tones or 5 tones for combined. For coin shooting I use combine. I assign the nickel range the same tone as penny, dime, quarter, silver range. The range below nickel I assign the tone that I am using for the ferrous tone break. And the mid vdi range I assign a mid tone range making it a 3 tone machine.

I only have around 25 to 30 hours and there are still features and modes that need to be discovered and learned.

One of the best features is the ability to apply updates. I was a software developer and I know software is never written without bugs and sometimes
there are performance issues. The ability to apply a fix code is so important.
Thank you for the info. On the CTX, Often, a larger nail iron feedback signals move around a bit, a penny's signal won't.

Should you consider no feedback as to the Impact works well as in no problems of any sort with any of the machines ? That is the way I'm taking it, no news is good news sort of thing.

Should you consider no feedback as to the Impact works well as in no problems of any sort with any of the machines ? That is the way I'm taking it, no news is good news sort of thing.

I haven't seen a purchaser post about a failure yet.
Have seen one gent who posted about using a 3rd parties pinpointer on Impact,,and he didn't like.
But this obviously is not an Impact fault.
One other gent was trying to figure out his headphones as far as audio,,but this gent must have figured out what his problem was.
He has not posted much more about.

So so far,,,roll out looks very good.
Not surprising to me,,,with the work that went in to the unit beforehand.

I do watch what is happening with some select detector models,,not all.

I see guys selling them after two weeks, losing a $150.00 on their purchase. That's surprising to me. Further proof that no detector is perfect and how you mesh with your detector is more important than all the accruements that are included with new detectors.

The problem with selling 2nd hand in the UK is that there now there selling new for £150 less than pre-order!

WOW , that's almost 200 American dollars. How can they drop the price 20% already ? Does UK detector sales work like they do in America where every company has to have the same list price ? Or can sellers advertise their own price ?

I got my Impact pro pack for less then $900 on my pre-order. The dealers here will discount or throw something in.

Interesting. I emailed some dealers about the AT Max and none were willing to deal. Kellyco and Metal Detectors dot com offer goodies with an AT Max purchase.

Interesting. I emailed some dealers about the AT Max and none were willing to deal. Kellyco and Metal Detectors dot com offer goodies with an AT Max purchase.

I think you will get better response by calling. I don't think they like to provide a quote in writing since that may go against selling below the MSRP.

In my case, I used a 10% off birthday coupon from one the biggest dealers.

Quote from Monty on another forum.

What I like best about this new detector is the balance as well has the packaging, and they design features it has. Impact brings us a lot versatility and performance in a very simple and easy to use layout.

After spending the last 11 days on the road Coin Hunting and Relic Hunting in three states working each of my detectors, I've reached this conclusion:

My CoRe and Relic devices will not be, and cannot be, replaced by the new Impact. As versatile as it is, each of these models have their own strengths and weaknesses. The Relic did not replace my CoRe, they just complimented each other. The new impact is an additional compliment making these three detector models all my primary use Target ID favorites.

I plan to keep my two CoRe models, one with the 'OOR ' coil and one with the 7 by 11 Standard coil. I am also keeping to Relic units in my battery with a 5.5 DD and 5.5X10 Concentric mounted to them.

I plan to get another Impact and use my current unit with the ssmaller coils, and the new unit with the 5 by 9 and standard 7 by 11 coils.

All, or any, of these Nokta models will provide terrific in-the-field performance for any active detectoris

What I like best about this new detector is the balance as well has the packaging, and they design features it has. Impact brings us a lot versatility and performance in a very simple and easy to use layout.

After spending the last 11 days on the road Coin Hunting and Relic Hunting in three states working each of my detectors, I've reached this conclusion:

My CoRe and Relic devices will not be, and cannot be, replaced by the new Impact. As versatile as it is, each of these models have their own strengths and weaknesses. The Relic did not replace my CoRe, they just complimented each other. The new impact is an additional compliment making these three detector models all my primary use Target ID favorites.

I plan to keep my two CoRe models, one with the 'OOR ' coil and one with the 7 by 11 Standard coil. I am also keeping to Relic units in my battery with a 5.5 DD and 5.5X10 Concentric mounted to them.

I plan to get another Impact and use my current unit with the ssmaller coils, and the new unit with the 5 by 9 and standard 7 by 11 coils.

All, or any, of these Nokta models will provide terrific in-the-field performance for any active detectoris

No dealer is going to quote you lower than they can advertise for via email because it puts it in writing and you can get them in trouble. Remember they don't know you from Adam....and no dealer is going to reply to a forum post for the same reason....and no one should be making public posts quoting a price and putting the dealer on the spot. As mentioned you need to call.

Hopefully tomorrow if everything goes as planned,,will try Impact on some very high mineral ground. (5bars indicated on F75,, about 3/4 shaded on Deus mineralization meter).

Will be also trying the general(d) all metal mode to see how it sounds.

May report back here on results and comments.

Do coil covers come with the detector?

To my knowledge yes they do.
But looking at Nokta's website,,they are not listed with Impact package materials.

They are listed as accessories.

Btw I sent email to Nokta rep (Dilek) informing her of your question,,,and mentioning Nokta site not real clear here with this you are asking.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom