Holy Customer Service Batman, this one's a doozy!

The resolution has taken place. I got an e-mail from the account manager, who apologized and asked for more information. I shared with them the e-mails I received, which showed the comments posted. The explanation and choice of resolution was nicely handled.

I think, they recovered from this. Once I get the refund, I'll delete my comments, and note that the 100% satisfaction guarantee was valid in my original post. Since they are ALSO sending another set of headphones, I'll do a second review/addendum to the first, and adjust accordingly the number of stars...

The whole thing was surreal... Thanks for those who helped me out, offered assistance or guidance, or just moral support with happy thoughts my way. I appreciate it all.

Cheers,

Skippy

FROM THE ACCOUNT MANAGER:
Thank you for these comments, once they are deleted, we can not recover them.

I have reprimanded and removed access from the person involved. They were not an employee, but still had access to our account. They are going through a hard time in life, and used our account to lash out.

You should receive the refund shortly, it has already been processed on our end. We will also send you a replacement set of earbuds, and a multi-tool for you trouble.

Again, I am deeply sorry

Sincerely;
AJ Koenes

I'm glad that it worked out for you, and it's probably best to turn the other cheek, but...how in the heck was a non-employee posting on their Amazon account?? Seems like another cop-out to me.

Oh that's right, you've got "in" connections. Not that I've EVER had any problems with Amazon. They're always fantastic. 100% satisfied customer, with their services, anyway.

:)

Had connections. Literally. While I still technically work customer service, I haven't "shown up" in a couple months (it's a work from home gig). My logins don't work anymore, but I haven't official been considered as having quit just yet. I'm actually surprised it's lasted this long, honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm glad that it worked out for you, and it's probably best to turn the other cheek, but...how in the heck was a non-employee posting on their Amazon account?? Seems like another cop-out to me.

FAMILY, bro. :) I suspect some member of the family was checking on things, and took some liberties that they were not supposed to...

It happens, I'm sure.

Had connections. Literally. While I still technically work customer service, I haven't "shown up" in a couple months (it's a work from home gig). My logins don't work anymore, but I haven't official been considered as having quit just yet. I'm actually surprised it's lasted this long, honestly.

I was going to laugh, but I don't know if that's funny or not...

We had a guy literally "collect paychecks" up at our office a few years back. During a re-org, he wasn't on the org chart, so he showed up for a few days, until he didn't have a cube, told his old manager, "I don't have a manager," and was told, "I'm sure it'll all work out, just be patient." So he showed up for a few days, and stood around, eventually he got tired of showing up.

So, he went home and waited.

Checked his email often, for a while... then stopped checking.

At some point, he was assigned a manager, but that new manager thought it was a mistake, because he didn't have a cubical with his team, so he didn't think anything of it. The new manager never even sent him an e-mail checking on who he was, or where he was... Something like 4-5 months later, the new manager was required to do a yearly evaluation, and he checked with HR to find the guy. HR was like, "Yup, he works for you." The manager was floored.

They finally found the employee when they went to his house and he'd been playing video games for like 5 months. They told him he needed to come to work, or he'd lose his job. He showed up the next day, and gave his two weeks notice. LOL

The guy was basically irritated that the company had basically ignored him, so he decided to wait and see how long it would take to actually reconnect, and then he was going to quit. He thought it would be a week or two... and then it was a month, then two, then four, then close to half-a year. It was a LONG time before he got to quit! Collected paychecks the whole time, too.

The whole thing had the lab laughing for a long time. I imagine, everyone was laughing, except for the manager, anyway. :) As far as we knew, the employee who quit simply got another job with a software development company and started working there.

So funny.

Hopefully, you haven't been forgotten. :)

I'm not getting paid or anything. I just haven't had my employment officially ended. I still have my access tokens and headset, and I still get notifications for available hours. I just can't login to the remote desktop anymore. It was fun while it lasted, but I just don't have the time anymore now that our daughter was born.

Back
Top Bottom