There's Gold in Them Thar Hills..

SoOregonMd

Elite Member
Went to an Elementary school this morning..
Got a couple of deep Quarter signals but the ground was so hard past 5" that I gave up on them all.

Went the farthest part from the school and found a Junk mood ring and started finding quarters.. The Ground here was softer and definitely "digable" so I stayed there for awhile.
Got over a Deep 35-36 signal and after 8" it started pinpointing. Dug a couple more inches and saw the Reeded edge of a LARGE coin and could see color so I was SURE I had a Silver Dollar.. It was laying flat and caked with dirt still. I gently pulled it up and new Immediately it was made of Aluminum because it was so light. :mad:

I then wiped it off and read what it was and pretty much started laughing.. If you look at the pic's you will see the irony of the whole thing for us detectorists.. Either way I sort of like it and it will now become my latest "Good Luck Piece" Funny thing is I got it home to look it up and can't find a single thing on it at all :?: :?: so if anyone out there has a clue then let me know please.

Continued on and found 2 Costa Rican 100 Colones coins that are gold colored and the size of a 1/2 dollar. Not far from that I found 3 Sacagawea dollar nearby.

Ended up to be am Interesting hunt..

Thanks for looking and remember "THERE'S GOLD IN THEM THAT HILLS" :yes:

Attachments

• side 1.jpg
    side 1.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 305
  • Side 2.jpg
    Side 2.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 263
Nice! Between that token and the dollars, you found several gold(ish) coins in one hunt! Congrats.

Nice! Between that token and the dollars, you found several gold(ish) coins in one hunt! Congrats.

Thanks Mike.. twice I have found Dollar coin spills !

Neat finds !!!! :thumbsup:

You are right about it being hard to find info about that Safeguard soap token, I saw info on other tokens like this one on another soap brand -

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces38488.html

Thanks for checking on it GKL.. Weird usually SOMETHING pops up on this sort of thing.. but I found Nothing..

Back
Top Bottom