Cleaning copper

Laxsaltman

Elite Member
Went hunting at a cool spot with Jason (Jamflicker)yesterday,late afternoon and while the coins finds were sparse,I did find some relics including a cool-looking copper lid to something. It's about the size of a playing card and after an overnight soak,there are engravings of flowers and butterflies on it. Also wording on the reverse. I'd like to know the best way to clean it up some.

Went hunting at a cool spot with Jason (Jamflicker)yesterday,late afternoon and while the coins finds were sparse,I did find some relics including a cool-looking copper lid to something. It's about the size of a playing card and after an overnight soak,there are engravings of flowers and butterflies on it. Also wording on the reverse. I'd like to know the best way to clean it up some.

any silvers brotha?

I've always used CLR on stuff like that. Soak about 15min then brush it lightly with a tooth brush (watch your eyes!) Wash with liquid dish soap, rinse and dry. ;)

what is clr?

I know what CRS is.....:lol:

Nope --- no silver---- place is pounded.But I like digging up cool stuff not coin related,too.

You should have showed me the piece before we left.

I didn't know what it was 'till I got home. It was getting pretty dark...it just rang up good.

Back
Top Bottom