making it interesting

rustynail1

Forum Supporter
I was thinking and maybe somone already knows of creating a detector challange ,have a start and end time and who ever finds the most value in that time wins a prize, You could also add different catagories like time of day, night time detecting would be a challange, any thoughts?

rustynail1

Attachments

• 100_0068_0001.jpg
    100_0068_0001.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 193
If we were all honest it might work :lol: However, how would you know that I didn't find a 1823 $5 gold piece in MS63 condition?

No offense but it sounds like something for a local club to me. I've got coins that i could say that i've found but I didn't. It's funny though how I'm prouder of the clad that I have found Over walking liberties I have purchased

Its a good thought, but I have to agree with the rest here. It would be hard to keep everyone honest. :yes:

U.K. Rallies at one time gave a prize for the best find....needless to say greed reared its head and people would bring stuff they had bought.
One thing that added a new dimension to token hunts was that the people who had found the most tokens were allowed to detect a planted area and win a prize for the best I.D.'ing of the buried targets. Metered machines did not always win !

ya, I found a 1948 Hudson Hornet Yesterday 6 feet down. 35 silver dollars in the glove box. now where do I enter this contest???????????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the feed back,
The honesty part came to mind also, I guess a local club atmosphere would be the way to go ,It sounded good though. Its funny beerdoodle because it just so happens I found 36 silver dollars in my glove box. :lol:

What, metal detectorists might exagerate, lol??? I thought only fishermen did that! I agree too, it's a fun idea, but maybe something more provable?? I once won a contest on another site by having the highest number of pulltabs found (I save them for my daughter Girl Scout troops annual Ronald McDonald House drive). I've even seen essay contests. Something to think about!

Back
Top Bottom