Newbie to detecting, first post

Automan

Hi! I'm from the central valley of California, (land of fruits, nuts and flakes! ) but don't hold that against me. Me and my wife are both recently retired and are taking up metal detecting. I hope to learn from all of you detectorists!

Hi! I'm from the central valley of California, (land of fruits, nuts and flakes! ) but don't hold that against me. Me and my wife are both recently retired and are taking up metal detecting. I hope to learn from all of you detectorists!

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

.....sounds likes ingredients for a breakfast cereal :lol:

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

Welcome aboard Automan! Firstly,why “Automan” and secondly,do you have machines yet? What are you looking to find,and where are you planning on looking? There are forum members in your area(I won’t mention names,they can do that if they wish).
This hobby has many many facets,and many many levels of dedication. It’s like anything else I suppose,the more you want out of it the harder you’re willing to work. The three main ingredients in a “successful” metal detecting outing are:
1)A very capable machine that you grow to understand
2)A site that has a good probability of holding what you’re looking for
3)Experience
That’s it! Simple,huh?
Some folks try detecting,go about it the wrong way or have a bad mindset and quit. Most of us here have gone out and tried it and gotten hooked VERY badly right away. It is intriguing,to say the least. When you find your first coin...the first piece of jewelry....the first horse shoe....you will know which side of the fence you fall on IMMEDIATELY.
Again,welcome from the land of cheese and obesity!(Wisconsin):grin:

Welcome from BC
My quick advice is location location location. I would rather use a basic detector at a proven location then a 3000 dollar detector at a so so location.

Spent a couple years in the Navy in Ca. Fruits a plenty to go along with the nuts and flakes. But why do yall elect flakes to public office.

Lots of areas there i would love to detect so yall will have fun.

Welcome from the Texas Hill Country!!! Take advantage of the vast amount of experience here on this forum when you get ready to buy your machines and learn to use them.

Spent a couple years in the Navy in Ca. Fruits a plenty to go along with the nuts and flakes. But why do yall elect flakes to public office.

Lots of areas there i would love to detect so yall will have fun.

Ok George, I’ll tell you common sense folk in this state are far outnumbered by nutballs sadly. LA and SF run the show :no:

Welcome aboard OP!

Welcome from Salinas, CA. The rules here are simple: You send me 30% of all your finds. I accept paypal. Good luck ! :D

Back
Top Bottom