Great Lakes Dirt Fishing - YouTube Channel

Diggin'Michigan

Great Lakes Dirt Fishing
Link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6TBRJy5tb0nU-T20h5hxwQ

Good Afternoon Everyone,

With the brutal winter we are now having in northern Michigan (normal indeed). What better chance to start unloading some of my mid summer and fall hunts on youtube. Some of my more interesting finds from the year i luckily got on film for once. Last year was also a great year for me detecting however i had not decided to make a channel til this year.

Highlight of year was my first Seated Quarter

https://youtu.be/y6NX6OdPzeI

Also check out my great hunt at a historic ball-park

https://youtu.be/bXgMHEJS8vA

Attachments

• 20170413_141107.jpg
    20170413_141107.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 252
  • 20170509_151104.jpg
    20170509_151104.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 209
  • 20170512_184653.jpg
    20170512_184653.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 215
  • 20170526_102929.jpg
    20170526_102929.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 213
  • 20170702_182039_HDR.jpg
    20170702_182039_HDR.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 215
  • 20170702_172225.jpg
    20170702_172225.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 205
Do I hear Rosetta Stoned at the beginning of that seated quarter video? At first I thought it was the sound of the signal you were getting. Haha.

Do I hear Rosetta Stoned at the beginning of that seated quarter video? At first I thought it was the sound of the signal you were getting. Haha.

Stiffwrists,

You are so close, Rosetta Stoned is a Tool song which the intro i used is also but the song is called Lost Keys (Blame Hoffman) off their 10,000 Days Album.

Stiffwrists,

You are so close, Rosetta Stoned is a Tool song which the intro i used is also but the song is called Lost Keys (Blame Hoffman) off their 10,000 Days Album.

That's right! Thought so. I always listened to Lost Keys as a part of Rosetta Stoned.

Top silver countdown 2017 - great lakes dirt fishing

Hey guys,

Been awhile since ive posted on here and i know its kinda late for a top silver 2017 countdown but ive been busy. I posted this video on YouTube a few weeks ago and i forget to upload it onto here. Its my countdown of all my silver finds for the year from my channel (Great Lakes Dirt Fishing). So please check it out and like and subscribe to my channel if you have not already. Thank you all and Happy Hunting for 2018.

Chris,
GLDF

P.S. i have trouble using youtube wrap text button on here and was wondering if there was a secret to getting it to work so i dont have to just post the URL to my page. Also if your a YouTuber and need more subs ill gladly sub back to your channel. Thanks in advance.

https://youtu.be/iAzWvK6CN4E

Attachments

• Snapshot_28.jpg
    Snapshot_28.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 489
Do you bring your detector with you?

Yes, have taken it to Thumb Lake without much success. Also around his property with just clad and junk found. There is an old stone structure down the road to his place that I have stopped at but had no luck because the weeds and grass were too overgrown.

Yes, have taken it to Thumb Lake without much success. Also around his property with just clad and junk found. There is an old stone structure down the road to his place that I have stopped at but had no luck because the weeds and grass were too overgrown.

Man thats awesome i have hunted the thumb lake area TONS of times. Not too far down the road is a old CCC camp off of CCC rd. its from the 1800s. I have hunted standard lake campsites off standard lake rd as well and the thumb lake beachsite. Please get ahold of me if your in the area.

Rare 1800s coin found, Silver pocket spill (Great Lakes Dirt Fishing) YouTube

Hey Everyone,

Last summer i went out to a local boatlaunch property that had a playground and picnic area that i knew had to be a old establishment from atleast the early 1900s. First time i went there i found just 1 wheat penny but in that i knew i had to give it a few more goes, "hoping for silver" or anything decent. I was about out of places to hunt at this point. I had actually earlier in the day went door knocking with no luck as the guy was VERY persistent on saying NO to me at a old lake property. I tried to shake it off and went to this site an hour later. Boy was that a good idea after trying closer down by the lake i went up where the picnic area and restrooms were at and got an mid 80s signal next to a very very big old tree stump, the rest is history. Later on in the hunt i came across an amazing silver pocket spill. Its all in my video so please HIT that LIKE and dont forget to SUBSCRIBE to my channel if you have not already.

Thanks guys,

Chris (Great Lakes Dirt Fishing)

https://youtu.be/y6NX6OdPzeI

Attachments

• Snapshot_25.jpg
    Snapshot_25.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 204
NW lower peninsula (Petoskey area)

Hmmm I wonder if that was you a saw swinging a atpro at the hotel beach on crooked lake in Alanson like 4 years ago?!?! I grew up in levering and went to school in pelston. Still have family up there and usually try and get up there in the fall to visit. I will log in and sub you later today. Next time I’m up there we should try and get together and do a couple of videos. I’ve always wanted to try and find a old logging camp by bliss and sturgeon Bay Area. Do me a favor and stop into the Brutus camp deli and have one of their breakfasts for me! :yes::lol:

Hmmm I wonder if that was you a saw swinging a atpro at the hotel beach on crooked lake in Alanson like 4 years ago?!?! I grew up in levering and went to school in pelston. Still have family up there and usually try and get up there in the fall to visit. I will log in and sub you later today. Next time I’m up there we should try and get together and do a couple of videos. I’ve always wanted to try and find a old logging camp by bliss and sturgeon Bay Area. Do me a favor and stop into the Brutus camp deli and have one of their breakfasts for me! :yes::lol:

This is bizzare.. Im an electrician and me and my boss had lunch at Brutus camp and deli just last week!!!! Im hardly up that way so i would have to say no to that being me in alanson however one of my old coworkers told me about a guy who detects up in alanson since he used to live in that town. For sure we will detect and collaborate when your up this way!!!

Back
Top Bottom