3 Silver? No....

Cfmct

Administrator
Admin
Forum Supporter
I went back to the mud spot I was hunting other day... I thought I had 3 silver after hunting about 90 minutes.. tide was 6pm and I won't hunt after dark... turns out some guy put his initials under the neck of Jefferson and stamped a P over the dome... I thought I had a fresh drop silver war nickel until I got home :lol: ring is missing quite a few stones and is marked sterling... I gave it the steel wool treatment but also it looks like it was lost last year as it was not deep... I hate my IPhone... stupid upside down pictures :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_0267.jpg
    IMG_0267.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 548
  • IMG_0268.jpg
    IMG_0268.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 526
I like the design of the ring. Too bad it's too far for me to beach hunt.. I enjoy the post on beach hunting.
Hopefully my brother and I can make it to the OBX.
Congrats on the finds and HH

Sick, twisted people. Then again, never knew what a war nickel was until I started detecting.

Wow it's like a Henning nickel but not as cool. :laughing:

A big congrats on the 2 authentic silvers; sorry about the fake, though.

How cruel. A little funny but cruel

Usually the war nickels are destroyed by saltwater so I was a bit surprised at how good it looked... now we all know why :lol:

I like the design of the ring. Too bad it's too far for me to beach hunt.. I enjoy the post on beach hunting.
Hopefully my brother and I can make it to the OBX.
Congrats on the finds and HH

Thanks Pan... I'm just happy to have some time to go hunting again :)

Nice hunt Craig congrads on the silvers

Thanks Bob...

Sick, twisted people. Then again, never knew what a war nickel was until I started detecting.

For me any nickel is one tone closer to the yellow :)

Wow it's like a Henning nickel but not as cool. :laughing:

I didn't know what you were talking about George... lets go find all those dumped nickels in those two rivers :)

On the silver Craig, hope your having fun, happy hunting , Earl

I always have fun when I hunt whether I find gold or not Earl...

A big congrats on the 2 authentic silvers; sorry about the fake, though.

Thanks Princess :)

Congrads on the silver! All the right targets for that yellow stuff to show again.

I always look at pictures before reading...

I immediately thought that P looked off....

Why no hunting after dark,?

Nice work...

<°)))>{

I always look at pictures before reading...

I immediately thought that P looked off....

Why no hunting after dark,?

Nice work...

<°)))>{

I don't swim and I don't think getting stuck in the mud being alone with the incoming tide would be much fun :lol:

The yellow's there, you just have to find it.....and I have no doubt you will.

Of course there is Frank... I just had to have Swinglow go there and clean out the pesky lead for me like I had you and Cupajo clean out another beach... you guys are the best :laughing:

Of course there is Frank... I just had to have Swinglow go there and clean out the pesky lead for me like I had you and Cupajo clean out another beach... you guys are the best :laughing:

My only regret is that I deleted the picture of the note you left on my window that day. I'm sure the members would love to see what kind of a friend you really are. :heartylaugh:

Maybe you can look through your old posts and find it for all to enjoy.

So guys that don't know me and get this post wrong, it was all in good fun.

That purple (amethyst?) ring is very nice looking. :yes:

My only regret is that I deleted the picture of the note you left on my window that day. I'm sure the members would love to see what kind of a friend you really are. :heartylaugh:

Maybe you can look through your old posts and find it for all to enjoy.

So guys that don't know me and get this post wrong, it was all in good fun.

I'll look for it later on Frank... ;)

That purple (amethyst?) ring is very nice looking. :yes:

It is Felix but half the marcasite's have fallen out... :roll:

Congrats on the nice finds! Bummer on the imposter war nickel though...:(

Thanks... I should have known it was too good looking for coming out of the salt..

Back
Top Bottom