Last Weekend of Detecting is NUTS!!

What an awesome weekend of hunting!! If the equinox is anything close to the CTX I'll be happy (got one on preorder)....if it ever gets on the market:lol:

Outstanding! Hey Monster,...Was that Walker in with the Wheats in a tight spill? thats explains the goofy signal...I bet theres gotta be a lot of those kinds of multidenom spills or stacks out there that skew to trash...! Beauty Hunt!

Exactly Mud...6 coins total,5 wheats and the Walker. The signal never made it past 44 on the CO side. Running in High Trash,normally if there’s silver in the hole at all,the CO numbers get driven to 45/46,and 47/48 isnt unusual. Being a half,I would’ve expected at LEAST 45/46 to show up but it didn’t. Perhaps the wheats has the Walker surrounded! Whatever the case,I think you’re right,there are likely a lot of signals people might pass on,or even have discriminated out,as they don’t fit the “perfect signal” criteria. This is probably why we still find them...this one read the way it did and a couple months ago I did a video where there were 2 worn Mercs and a wheat in the same hole with a signal of 17-47,18-46. Pretty high FE number but the CO side stayed in the mid-high 40s. Go figure...

What an awesome weekend of hunting!! If the equinox is anything close to the CTX I'll be happy (got one on preorder)....if it ever gets on the market:lol:

Thanks Toad! It sure would be nice to have half the weight with most of the performance,but we’ll see. Hopefully it won’t be delayed too much longer!

Really nice hunting man! I didnt get a chance to try that coil, but will DEFINITELY pick up another CTX with the big coil when the time is right, I really appreciate the feedback you provide your readers with. Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones bud, and good luck for 2018!

Outstanding hunt! That Walker is beautiful. Dime trifecta almost twice. What a great way to end the season. Happy Holidays and hope 2018 is even better. HH Mark

Awesome, Lots of great finds are results of goofy ID's in reflection of nice coin spills like yours. Them numbers all bunched up in a single hole will just drive that machine bat crazy. As for the Equinox we will all hopefully see soon, I have HIGH hopes for this machine but I just dont think neither of my two 3030's will depart...but will see. Once again great hunt Kevin, your just simply killing them deep coins, great job.

Holy Smokes !!!! Congrats on the great finds !!!

You and Jam are right about the "operator" behind the machine.

The short time that I have in this hobby, but as much as I read and research, I've come to the realization that you gotta become ONE with your machine.

Really nice hunting man! I didnt get a chance to try that coil, but will DEFINITELY pick up another CTX with the big coil when the time is right, I really appreciate the feedback you provide your readers with. Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones bud, and good luck for 2018!

Thanks a lot Jeff I try.:grin: Big open areas that aren’t COMPLETE trash are where it really shines for me,because I DONT have to wring it’s neck to get performance. When you get to that point,I hope you find it to be just as incredible.
A very Merry Xmas to you and yours,hopefully Santa is thinking DETECTING!

Outstanding hunt! That Walker is beautiful. Dime trifecta almost twice. What a great way to end the season. Happy Holidays and hope 2018 is even better. HH Mark

Mark,I’ve been VERY lucky in finding good looking Walkers! Now the Barber half I found?...not so much,it’s an ugly SOB. But hey,I am a beggar. I was really looking for a stupid Rosie for that type of trifecta but I’m not Trapper,I can’t just go find certain coins at will.:lol:
Merry Xmas,2018 is looking up already! Good luck as well...:grin:

Awesome, Lots of great finds are results of goofy ID's in reflection of nice coin spills like yours. Them numbers all bunched up in a single hole will just drive that machine bat crazy. As for the Equinox we will all hopefully see soon, I have HIGH hopes for this machine but I just dont think neither of my two 3030's will depart...but will see. Once again great hunt Kevin, your just simply killing them deep coins, great job.

It was solidly repeatable in my fairly tight pattern Mike,no question! I was prepared for anything...except that! I got the last half of the dig on film,the part where I saw a big silver rim stuck in the dirt.
I’m so glad I came over with Trap a couple years ago and saw the platoon of CTXs. That really is where it started,along with Trap just whipping my ass like a girl.:lol: Oh well,better late than never!
Next season you’re gonna have to tell work that on NICE weekend days you won’t be available,it’s been too long.:grin:

That's a really nice pile of loot there! Big time congrats to ya!

Thanks a lot LW,it was a fair amount of work! You’ve done really well yourself recently,and it all starts with a potentially good site. After that...it’s up to you!
All we can do is look and give it all we got. Good luck doing so in ‘18 and Merry Xmas!

Holy Smokes !!!! Congrats on the great finds !!!

You and Jam are right about the "operator" behind the machine.

The short time that I have in this hobby, but as much as I read and research, I've come to the realization that you gotta become ONE with your machine.

You’re right Happa,if you are constantly at odds with the machine or second guessing signals or wondering if your settings are right...it all goes right in the crapper immediately. It’s not necessarily wise to run with the same settings everywhere,but for the types of sites I hunt almost exclusively,it works. Could it work better? That’s something I’ll learn as we go. For now I’m happy with it! I’d be crazy not to be...
Your Safari has done you very well so far,best of luck starting into ‘18!

Congrats on the deep silver, I'm hoping the Equinox will be deep enough!

Thanks MA,I’m hoping a lot of things. For another machine to come along and get even MORE coins out of our sites would be something else,if it does it easily. Only time will tell,as has been said a million times already but it’s the truth. We need that puppy in the hands of experienced detectorists PRONTO!
I assume you have one ordered? I don’t,I’m waiting to try Air Force Mikes!:lol:

2017 just killin it to the end ! Way to go Kev 👍

Thanks Brad,I’m happy you were able to see them first!:grin: Depending on the weather,if it’s viable AT ALL, I am going on New Years Day. Probably stupid and will probably freeze to death but if I die doing what I love,hey...I can’t ask for more than that! Are you in for the woods at GP if it’s doable?:grin:

Back
Top Bottom