Who dares to detect woods at nighttime

Rammjäger

Elite Member
I never did and I never will go into the woods at night.
Not that I am so much afraid for phisical danger.But
Europe is so old and full of historic events that I would
feel myself very unconfortable in such lonely places.
In daytime no problem for me though.
Would you ....?

LOL, when I was a kid, I had a spot way up in the mountains that I would drive up to and spend a few days at when I needed to go clear my head, looking back I sure wish I had a metal detector back then! I never had a problem with being in the sticks at night time, especially if you can set up camp somewhere and make a big fire. Bring some headphones and enjoy the serenity!

I don’t hunt the woods anytime, waste of time here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

99% of my finds here were from the wood paths ,places where people
used to walk in the past and to this present day. Most of these paths are
at least 100 years old.

I hunted in the woods at night once and hated it. I was jumping at every sound and I couldn't concentrate. I was creeped out

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

I've detected in some light woods at night but not the full on wilderness. I did get surprised by a coyote on my property while detecting after dark. I seem to have a bit of resistance to the heebie jeebies. I've camped and backpacked in the woods under the stars without a tent. In my early twenties I worked the night shift as a security guard and did rounds at dark warehouses, a graveyard, huge empty hotels and stores, and factories absent of workers due to the holidays. I recall this one factory that was unbelievably loud despite nobody being there except for me. What creeped me out wasn't the dark, but the fact that somebody could have been a step behind me I wouldn't have heard them.

I hunt my neighborhood park at night and summer beach hunting at night also. the woods tho too many unknowns, I have tried it once or twice, while camping with friends, and my one friend got hosed down by a skunk. :laughing:

Plus, the Bigfoots are as thick as flies here and you know how they are

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

haha, i know a guy... specializes in squatch removal. just buy me...or...HIM a plane ticket and show him where all the good hunting spots are around there and you can rest assured, not one more squatch! just ignore the metal detector.....just part of the process.. LOL!!

Beach huntin at night is weird enough thank you.

R5

Not my cup of tea. Not afraid of the booger man being a deer and varmint hunter. Have our share of wolves here too and they are regular visitors on my property.

You don't know bigfoot until he's living in your back yard!

http://www.bigfootdiscoveryproject.com/videos/

:D

R5

I'm sure I don't but I do live in Wisconsin and I am not looking forward to meeting one 😳.
Love me som sasquach chronicles at bedtime 👍 And yes I am going to need a way bigger holster weopon . The thaught of luggin my 12 gauge and a pocket full of 3 inch mag slugs as part of my detecting gear is not an option.
Not that I would attempt to take one down but he ain't gonna eat me without a fight.

There's things out there in the middle of them woods
That'd make a strong man die from fright
There's things that crawl and things that fly
And things that creep around on the ground
And they say the ghost of Lucias Clay gets up and it walks around.

I have done it multiple times, and have had some real close encounters with wildlife and also homeless humans :laughing: I don't do it too often anymore though.

The Woods would be a nice place to hunt, if it wasn't full of all those Trees! Trees are extremely dangerous, day or night! Especially the wild ones. They do not like humans and look for any opportunity to trip, crush, poke your eye out, etc...some less evil ones merely slap the hat off your head for giggles....

They stand there for years looking for a murderous opportunity to come along. Some hold a big Man killing dead branch just for this once in a Lifetime purpose. Its like some sort of badge of honor for a tree to kill a Human...Its the only thing they got to look forward to. Standing around for hundreds of years with nothing to do. They get bored, and that makes them mean! Some trees go so far as to jump out in front of your car even. I've had that happen! Sometimes for exercise, they all start moving in unison waving too and fro and like gigantic 'Air Oars'...If this group dynamic gets violent, as all Humans have observed, destructive wind is the result!

Trees will also stalk you. I had a big old evil 200year old piss Elm follow me around for the better part of a Northern Minnesota day once. I was out were I shouldnt a been, in the woods. It was an overcast day, one of those days where the navigational bearing or timing of the Sun is not helpful, I couldnt tell N from S or if its 8am or 8pm...In retrospect, This is a common Life occurrence of mine, losing track of Time and Direction. 'Aimlessly Wandering Syndrome'...

Anyway, as I tried to get out of that woods, I kept coming across the SAME tree over and over again! He would wait until I passed by, then he would run around a shortcut or something and get out in front of me again!

After a few meetings, I did what Men in this dangerous situation normally do! I took off in a straight line as fast as I could go! This aggressive tree, seeing I may indeed escape, called in all the underbrush to act like a pack of beagles! Nipping and tripping and blocking and scratching at me to drive me in a circle right back into his field of fire! He was going to club me with a big dead branch!

The whole woods came alive in the excitement of the hunt!! All the other trees woke up and started hollering, "Get Him Elmo!" "Kill that SOB!" I woulda made for a great arboreal trophy! I've killed a lot of trees and peed on quite a few others, so I sort of had it coming..... Well sir, it was only by the Grace of God I made it out of there alive, all torn up, without my hat...and missing one shoe some vine probably has as a momento of this event.....

The only thing that scares trees is a Man with a chainsaw, even then, they try to take you with them...The "Widow Maker" title earned by a tree in the process of being cut down is the woodland equivalent of a posthumous Medal of Honor recipient...

So to answer your question: Would I dare go out and hunt in the woods at nighttime? ...Yeah, probably....if there wernt no @#$% trees around!! :laughing:

Last edited:
There's things out there in the middle of them woods
That'd make a strong man die from fright
There's things that crawl and things that fly
And things that creep around on the ground
And they say the ghost of Lucias Clay gets up and it walks around.

CDB!!!

Great tune.

You will find out if you don't already know that old people have a hard time seeing. Finding a target in the dirt at night is just not practicle. Between all the headlamp shining and pin pointer beeping looking for targets I would draw the attention of every dog, person, mosquito, and probably law enforcement for miles.

Back
Top Bottom