Anyone able to say how old this bullet is?

North Shore

I found two of them that are the same, one might have been dropped and the other clearly fired and struck something hard. Are these pistol rounds? I don't pretend to know much about guns and ammo outside of some video game stuff.

Thanks it will also help date this beach, found a silver quarter and I am suspicious that is a war nickel.

Attachments

• bullet.jpg
    bullet.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 484
In order to narrow the bullets down, some pertinent information is needed. Use calipers to determine the diameter of the round and then get the length of it. Get the weight in grains and that will help. With what we see it could be anything from a .38 all the way up to a .45 (although it appears to be a larger caliber). That is my best recommendation.

Don't know about the bullets. Follow Rusty's advice. I suspect you have a war nickel, too. I'm guessing the date is gone/unreadable? Hard to tell from the photo, and since it is worn, but is there a mint mark above the dome of the building on the back? If so, it is a war nickel. It certainly looks silvery, too.

Don't know about the bullets. Follow Rusty's advice. I suspect you have a war nickel, too. I'm guessing the date is gone/unreadable? Hard to tell from the photo, and since it is worn, but is there a mint mark above the dome of the building on the back? If so, it is a war nickel. It certainly looks silvery, too.

I had a hunch it might be, it's pretty warn I will check for a mark above Monticello

Back
Top Bottom