new nox 600

Countless threads here about NOX's...…..read, read, read and read some more. Watch videos when you aren't reading. I had a little buyers remorse when I first got my 800, but I'm getting it figured out now and loving it. Don't get discouraged.....they are a different beast and not your average detector.....

Already said here but it is important! Use Park 1 default, 5 tones or less, 20 sensitivity or less (10 to 13 sensitivity will hit plenty deep!), a noise cancel before hunting and if you have a handheld pinpointer turn it on before the noise cancel.
Use the horseshoe button to check for iron on any jumpy target ID up to mid 20s. It will low grunt and can give numbers from -9 to the mid 20s. Don't forget to press the horseshoe button again to go back to default Park 1. After a few hours of that (it took me about 30 and reading the online manual several times) I started to experiment.

Be patient, go slow and enjoy.

Jeff

Already said here but it is important! Use Park 1 default, 5 tones or less, 20 sensitivity or less (10 to 13 sensitivity will hit plenty deep!), a noise cancel before hunting and if you have a handheld pinpointer turn it on before the noise cancel.
Use the horseshoe button to check for iron on any jumpy target ID up to mid 20s. It will low grunt and can give numbers from -9 to the mid 20s. Don't forget to press the horseshoe button again to go back to default Park 1. After a few hours of that (it took me about 30 and reading the online manual several times) I started to experiment.

Be patient, go slow and enjoy.

Jeff

I’m saving this one too!
I’m picking one up soon and need to soak this up.

just got my new nox 600 yesterday any tip would be great

Great tips already noted from other, the only thing I can add would be to find a safe spot, bury some items and see how the Nox reacts to them (coins pull tabs junk rings etc) this will help you sort out the noise when out in the field. It took me a while to get used to it but though still considering myself a noob with it, I'm starting to have more confidence with it.

Cheers

Some pointers.

Learn to navigate menu.
Learn to access the advanced settings part of menu.
Do this at your house.

When you receive unit.
Charge all components.
You WILL need something to charge with- NO charger provided.

Park 1 default is a good place to start.
Get a few nails, steel bottle caps, coins, pull tabs and rings, don’t forget a nickel.
Sweep on top of ground.
And listen to the music played.

Place nails near coins and see what happens and see how unit sounds.

Learn how to ground balance detector.
Learn how to noise cancel detector.

Default setting in park 1 will get one rolling quick.

Also notice depth meter behavior when raising coil above coins. Especially dime and nickel sized coins.

Learn how to do full detector reset.
Remember if you make a setting change and forget or can’t figure out how to change back,,,just do a factory reset..then you have good initial starting point once again.

Pairing blue tooth (both models) or the wistream module on 800 not hard.
Check your backlight setting.
Don’t run if you don’t need.

Lots of threads here where folks share some good info.
You can do searches and find it. Or scroll backwards through history and find.

I recommend reading some of the users of EQx who have posted in the beach subforum and the relic and coin and jewelry subforms here. Good tidbits there to pick up on.

Anyone NEEDing help.
Post away.
No such thing as a dumb question.

Here is advanced search I did using EQuinox in the search window. All about detectors subforum.
https://metaldetectingforum.com/search.php?searchid=12063990

Unit is fun as all get out.
Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom