An Old Farmhouse, a Ton of Junk, but one Really Awesome Find...

Shakakka

Hey all!

Got the opportunity to detect a very old, late 1600's farmhouse.

picture.php

There was a ton of junk and signals everywhere, but I dug them all. Well, almost all! I know there are some horse-related things here, so if anyone can identify them I'd be happy to learn.

picture.php

Okay... the payoff: after 3-4 hours of hard, sweaty hunting, I was rewarded with my oldest coin yet!

picture.php

I probably don't have to tell anyone here, but it was well worth all the hard work. Happy Hunting everyone!

WOW,

Some days, that's how it is.
Just like finding a needle in a haystack.

This is what I tell myself after I have dug about 100 pulltabs, maybe the next one could be a buffalo nickel or a gold ring:D

Wow! Nice Draped Bust! Largie or half cent?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very nice!

I don't see anything horse related save the large ring, from a halter perhaps?

Lower left in the photo is whats left of a Zippo type lighter?

Well done sir!

Congrats on the draped bust! Lookslike my old farm hunts, minus the draped bust :laughing. Love your profile picture, thats a beautiful ring!

Last edited:
Congrats on the draped bust! Lookslike my old farm hunts, minus the draped bust :laughing. Love you Mr profile picture, thats a beautiful ring!

Funny, I found that ring in my backyard, near an old shed. It's a "Kiddiegem" toddler's ring, which came in all different birthstones. Although why you'd put a choking hazard on a toddler's finger I never did know.

Nice find,..... just looking at your avatar, and I remember having a ring like that back in Jr. High. Ending up giving it away to a friend, what was I thinking LOl!

Back
Top Bottom