Hey! New to the forums!

KTB62

Metal detecting in Mississippi! New to the hobby. Hard to get permissions anybody that can help!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

I would suggest starting out getting permissions from people you know, relatives, friends, co-workers, neighbors.

They are more likely to say yes since they know you and trust you.

Then after you exhaust those places, ask them for referrals, people they know that you don't know, then when you knock on those doors you can say something like, "your friend, Joe Shmoe, allowed me to detect his yard and thought you might be okay with detecting yours" .....someone might be more likely to give permission from a referral.

After all that you should be more comfortable and practiced asking permission and can ask total strangers.

NOTE: Always remember to take any trash you find with you, and replace your plugs carefully so as not to leave holes or mess up their yards otherwise they might not be too willing to give you a referral :lol:

In case you never saw this graphic before, it can be of help in digging proper plugs and replacing them -

plughelp1.jpg
plughelp2.jpg

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

I would suggest starting out getting permissions from people you know, relatives, friends, co-workers, neighbors.

They are more likely to say yes since they know you and trust you.

Then after you exhaust those places, ask them for referrals, people they know that you don't know, then when you knock on those doors you can say something like, "your friend, Joe Shmoe, allowed me to detect his yard and thought you might be okay with detecting yours" .....someone might be more likely to give permission from a referral.

After all that you should be more comfortable and practiced asking permission and can ask total strangers.

NOTE: Always remember to take any trash you find with you, and replace your plugs carefully so as not to leave holes or mess up their yards otherwise they might not be too willing to give you a referral :lol:

In case you never saw this graphic before, it can be of help in digging proper plugs and replacing them -

View attachment 388875

View attachment 388876

Hey! Thanks for the advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey there from Colorado! New myself and still struggling with that one. It seems as though it's no big deal what so ever. Or they think a back hoe is going to pull up. Either way just keep at it. And research helps.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom