• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Detecting in a Haunted Valley

D-Tec

Hello hunters,

A new metal detecting adventure in an haunted valley, with a strange sound captured during the recording...:shock:

Enjoy :)

Outdoor Ghosts are different than Indoor Ghosts...They are a lot harder to find and extremely rare...Even with all the people that have been killed outside, murdered, battles, bears, or falling trees killing you....their Ghost seems to either call it quits and move on, or gravitate to the nearest structure for shelter.

Can you blame them? Its damn tough to live out in the Woods! Even for a Ghost! Lonely, cold, wet, miserable, nobody to sneak up on and woowoo......Its hard to find a decent and active Woods Ghost even in a nice dry cave!...Although those are good places to look....

Woods Ghosts are generally harmless, they tend to avoid Humans....like an old dirty drunken bum asleep under a tarp, you gotta really kick them to get some attention! Then its just basically surprise and a few swears, nothing malevolent..They want to be left alone...

Indoor Ghosts are the ones a guy has to look out for! Territorial, always up to no good, Woowooing all night long, dragging chains, hiding your car keys, slamming doors, tromping up the stairs at all hours...A real pain!

A guy knows immediately if a house or structure is Haunted...Just walking through the front door...A fellow can even ascertain the level of trouble one can expect from them...some are tolerable to have around, and some are just sheer no good, stink up the joint, no help at all, nuisances, ...pretty much like visiting Inlaws...

If I'm ever a Ghost, I'd head on over to the Inlaws!...Drop an 'Upper Decker' a few times per year for giggles...drink all their liquor, leave the refrigerator door open all night long, traumatize their dog,...set their porch on fire by putting a lit cigarette into the peat moss planter...basically get even...:laughing:

Attachments

• fire1.JPG
    fire1.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 373
Outdoor Ghosts are different than Indoor Ghosts...They are a lot harder to find and extremely rare...Even with all the people that have been killed outside, murdered, battles, bears, or falling trees killing you....their Ghost seems to either call it quits and move on, or gravitate to the nearest structure for shelter.

Can you blame them? Its damn tough to live out in the Woods! Even for a Ghost! Lonely, cold, wet, miserable, nobody to sneak up on and woowoo......Its hard to find a decent and active Woods Ghost even in a nice dry cave!...Although those are good places to look....

Woods Ghosts are generally harmless, they tend to avoid Humans....like an old dirty drunken bum asleep under a tarp, you gotta really kick them to get some attention! Then its just basically surprise and a few swears, nothing malevolent..They want to be left alone...

Indoor Ghosts are the ones a guy has to look out for! Territorial, always up to no good, Woowooing all night long, dragging chains, hiding your car keys, slamming doors, tromping up the stairs at all hours...A real pain!

A guy knows immediately if a house or structure is Haunted...Just walking through the front door...A fellow can even ascertain the level of trouble one can expect from them...some are tolerable to have around, and some are just sheer no good, stink up the joint, no help at all, nuisances, ...pretty much like visiting Inlaws...

If I'm ever a Ghost, I'd head on over to the Inlaws!...Drop an 'Upper Decker' a few times per year for giggles...drink all their liquor, leave the refrigerator door open all night long, traumatize their dog,...set their porch on fire by putting a lit cigarette into the peat moss planter...basically get even...:laughing:

I guess nobody has seen a metal detectorist's ghost yet.I wonder which sound
would it make ...... Beeep,Beep,Beeep ? :lol:

There is a noise reduction filter on my camcorder (made for windy time), so this sound should have been easy to hear, I heared nothing but the normal ambient noises :?:
It comes from my back on the righ side, like if the 'ghost' was looking at my digging. May be a curious guy :grin:

It's not the first time I have strange sounds, and this place was not very welcoming as you can see in the video

I was watching the video on my phone and couldn't hear anything but it is an interesting location. Nothing weird ever happens to me but sometimes I wish it would. I might regret it later though.

Here in Germany they say,
at the woods they have seen a "Lady in White" .If it is only a legend or not ,I cannot say. There are still the scars of WW2 clearly visible every few meters in the ground , but honestly I never saw anything paranormal.But I try to keep my mind open ,everthing is possible in this dimension....
HH.
Ramm
PS.:
Unfortunately I cannot see your video here.I only see a black rectangle.:?:

Last edited:
Not detecting related, but there are things in the woods. Many years ago living in Illinois, I'd hike the woods (Tonica) a lot near where I grew up (LaSalle/Peru.
Walked all that woods many times, but got into a section that was different. All the normal sounds of the woods stopped, the breeze, bird chatter, small critters like chipmunks rustling around-----all stopped. I got the intense feeling of being watched, the hair on the back of my neck got a bit tingly, almost expected too see a Vincent Price character walk up to me. I walked probably a hundred yards through that area and then like a switch was flipped, all normal woods noise resumed. That was in the late 1980's in my later 20's. The only thing I could ever connect to that was the fact of a hanging in that area (between Tonica and Lowell) back in the 1920's or so, a black man that lived around there that would hire out for work. Some of the locals didn't like the fact that many area kids considered the man a good friend.

Last edited:
I was watching the video on my phone and couldn't hear anything but it is an interesting location. Nothing weird ever happens to me but sometimes I wish it would. I might regret it later though.

If you can, try to see it on a comp wiyh headphone, it's a small sound but we can ear it clearly.
I have experienced a lot of strange things, sounds, shadows, and even more. We aren't welcome on all places and I think it's important to take care about that little signs.

Here in Germany they say,
at the woods they have seen a "Lady in White" .If it is only a legend or not ,I cannot say. There are still the scars of WW2 clearly visible every few meters in the ground , but honestly I never saw anything paranormal.But I try to keep my mind open ,everthing is possible in this dimension....
HH.
Ramm
PS.:
Unfortunately I cannot see your video here.I only see a black rectangle.:?:

Oh yes, here in France it's the same for Lady in White ('Dame Blanche' in french). There is one lady close to my home on a road, and so many legends in my location, mostly from the middle age and celtic age. There is also many UFO sights.

Here the direct link for the video: https://youtu.be/YfS14DrsiJ4

Not detecting related, but there are things in the woods. Many years ago living in Illinois, I'd hike the woods (Tonica) a lot near where I grew up (LaSalle/Peru.
Walked all that woods many times, but got into a section that was different. All the normal sounds of the woods stopped, the breeze, bird chatter, small critters like chipmunks rustling around-----all stopped. I got the intense feeling of being watched, the hair on the back of my neck got a bit tingly, almost expected too see a Vincent Price character walk up to me. I walked probably a hundred yards through that area and then like a switch was flipped, all normal woods noise resumed. That was in the late 1980's in my later 20's. The only thing I could ever connect to that was the fact of a hanging in that area (between Tonica and Lowell) back in the 1920's or so, a black man that lived around there that would hire out for work. Some of the locals didn't like the fact that many area kids considered the man a good friend.

Thanks for your interesting story. It's creepy... i've talked about strange feeling with many detectorists and I know we are many to have that kind of story to tell.
I've felt the same kind of experience once time, like I was watched with the feeling "you aren't welcome here". Another time I saw a black shadow pass in front of me, but as if it was not paying attention to me.
I've heared some strange sounds while detecting. One time I was digging close to a huge old tree and I heared in my back "please help me". I turned around, there was no one. Was so weird... Looking at the location and trees I though it was a place where people were hung.
The most strange is at a night hunt in summer, I was detecting with my GMP, it work with batteries. It was full but during the hunt the batteries turns empty, so I have to change them. I've took another ones from my bag, closing it to avoid to lose something. A few later I felt a creepy presence in my back, so creepy I decided to stop hunt and go back to the car. When I was at my car, I saw my bag was open, but i'm sure I have closed it before. I've never come back to that field.

Upper Decker [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom