Happy to have heat!

metaladdict

Elite Member
I am glad I repaired my old mercury switch thermostat for our 1960s? Wall gas heater!
My kids wrecked the t stat years ago, so I bought a modern one with manual switch.:mad: It failed quickly :mad:.
Bought another brand,same scenario :mad:
I pieced together my original and soldered connections.
Now it works without fail!:kingdances:

Did you check the control voltage? Or if it's old enough the heat anticipator. The new stat's should not need the anticipator but the voltage being incorrect will take them out.

just wondering.

Glad your hot

KT is down on the Gulf Coast at Galveston, eating massive volumes of seafood. His Majesty found that the Island’s power company is also trying to persuade every one to put in thermostats that they could remotely control. Most of the islanders refuse this “free” service! Good to see many folks down here with common sense! :laughing::laughing:

Did you check the control voltage? Or if it's old enough the heat anticipator. The new stat's should not need the anticipator but the voltage being incorrect will take them out.

just wondering.

Glad your hot

What he said. Older heating systems used "line voltage" (120vac) for control, but modern stuff typically uses 24vac, and the line voltage will kill newer t-stats in a hurry.

Roger

Back
Top Bottom