Crotal Bell Spill

teotwawki12

Elite Member
Twas a cold and breezy day yesterday...had only about an hour to get out before the kid got out of school, so I hoped to find just one cool thing in that hour. Went back to an overgrown homesite I've been to once. Not just one cool thing, but three in the hole! Woohoo!

(I've found a few of the W.E.B. manufactured bells around different farms in the area....I'm guessing they shopped at the same general store)

Attachments

• KIMG0691.jpg
    KIMG0691.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 503
  • DSCN0296aa.jpg
    DSCN0296aa.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 441
  • DSCN0297aa.jpg
    DSCN0297aa.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 461
  • KIMG0692 (2).jpg
    KIMG0692 (2).jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 437
Those are beautiful! I've only been able to find fragments. Do they still have the knockers inside?

Now that's just flat out awesome! I've never seen a crotal spill!! And in fabulous shape! Nice hunt!

By the way, the Classic Bells website has pretty good detail on the W E B bells (and a lot of others). William E. Barton is the seventh name down on the list.

Jingle bells jingle bells jingle all the way oh what fun it is to dig some crotal bells today. Congratulations beautiful Bells!

Now that's just flat out awesome! I've never seen a crotal spill!! And in fabulous shape! Nice hunt!

By the way, the Classic Bells website has pretty good detail on the W E B bells (and a lot of others). William E. Barton is the seventh name down on the list.

I’d say a strap of them got dropped but the oddball with the older style base throws me off. Yes, I have read about Barton there, thanks much

Thats an awesome fine. I've never been able to find a crotal bell and you've found 3 in one hole. Great job and thanks for sharing.

Sew them to a leather strap. Sew on a big metal ring on one end and hang it on the door knob. Every time the door is opened, you'll be reminded of your great find !

Cool. A friend has a couple sleighs from his family's farm that date back to the mid 1800's. They still have some leather that has the bells on them. I should get over there and take some pics.

Only time i ever seen a cluster of those was on Santas reindeer in a yard. And guessing they were made in China. Well done sir. Well done!

Those make awesome Christmas tree decorations. Along with the large coppers, reales, and anything with a hole in it :laughing: great hunting!!!

Back
Top Bottom