I Popped 2 Aleve And Went To A Hard Hit Site

beephead

Elite Member
I haven't been doing too much detecting lately because I'm having a little problem with one of my knees. It's not really bad, just annoying at times. I decided to hit the site where a few years back I found a Rosie, a Mercury Dime, A Barber Dime, and A Seated Dime during one hunt and all were within 20 feet of one another. I've hit that site several times since then with several different detectors, but not with the CTX and Deus.

The very first target that I dug was a Rosie with the CTX. About halfway through the hunt, I switched over to the Deus. With both detectors, I managed to find 17 wheat pennies and 5 silver coins before calling it a day. The area that I'm detecting is around 40 yds x 40 yds in size. This site should be a good test for my NOX 600 that's arriving in the mail on Thursday. I can't wait to see how it does.

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_0483.jpg
    IMG_0483.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 402
  • IMG_0484.jpg
    IMG_0484.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 401
  • IMG_0485.jpg
    IMG_0485.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_0486.jpg
    IMG_0486.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 375
  • IMG_0487.jpg
    IMG_0487.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 401
  • IMG_0488.jpg
    IMG_0488.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 397
  • IMG_0489.jpg
    IMG_0489.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_0490.jpg
    IMG_0490.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_0491.jpg
    IMG_0491.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_0492.jpg
    IMG_0492.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_0493.jpg
    IMG_0493.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_0494.jpg
    IMG_0494.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_0495.jpg
    IMG_0495.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 326
Man Beep! You’re a silver hound! Congrats on all those silvers and your Nox on the way!

Thanks! I see that you have a Nox, I'm going to need some pointers to get off on the right foot. I usually find silver on maiden voyages with new detectors. I'd hate not to find any silver on my first outing with the Nox.

beephead

Thanks! I see that you have a Nox, I'm going to need some pointers to get off on the right foot. I usually find silver on maiden voyages with new detectors. I'd hate not to find any silver on my first outing with the Nox.

beephead

I just purchased mine today! :lol: you’ll have yours before I will (12/11)! They way you hunt you’ll get silver on your maiden hunt, I’ll dig a few tabs for you tho! :laughing:

Last edited:
My 600 gets here today, but the mail doesn't arrive until 2:30 or so. I haven't even read the manual yet! I think I'll just put it in Park 1 and start swinging away and see what happens. lol

beephead

Excellent finds Beep! Nice job
Thanks! Looking back, I can't figure out how I missed that many good targets. Although, just about target that I dug except for one was really iffy.

Another classic Beephead hunt for the books! Love your write ups and of course the pics!

Thanks! It looks like my Nox is on a slow truck, maybe I'll get it today. I'm dying to go back over that same area with the Nox. Until I learn how to use it, I'm going to put it in Park 1 and start swinging and digging. How hard can that be? lol

beephead

Awesome Beep! That's one sweet site! Just a few questions.....How many hours were you there? Can you tell me how you located it, it's history? I am curious as to how to locate some good places locally and have some pretty good ones in mind. It appears that the silver was all at about the same depth. I took my Nox 800 out for the first time today and really enjoyed it. Man, I've got some learning to do....after being used to the ID's on an AT Pro and a couple of Teknetics…...lol!

My 600 gets here today, but the mail doesn't arrive until 2:30 or so. I haven't even read the manual yet! I think I'll just put it in Park 1 and start swinging away and see what happens. lol

beephead

Use park 2 and turn the iron bias all the way down to 0 also try recovery speed at 6 or 7. It should unmask great in trash and iron. Happy Noxing!

Back
Top Bottom